FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Locks from Jeff Picked

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Locks from Jeff Picked

It has been done!

Thanks Jeff for letting me remove the cores for you.

This Master SFIC was incredibly difficult. The feedback was crazy and the key operation was jerky as hell. Great challenges. Thanks!

Picture 7.jpg

Picture 8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Locks from Jeff Picked

Wow, I didn't know Master produced anything along those lines. I've seen ProSeries... but not with SFIC like that.
Refreshing to see the word difficult in the same sentence with Master! Amazing pickin' as always. Loved the vid!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 am

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!
I did not know Master made SFIC locks myself, but they did at one time, as part of the ProSeries/Safety Series. I wanted an orange SFIC padlock without having to special order one from HL Flake, and I found this one on ebay. Unfortunately it did not come with a control key as I hoped, so here we are!

XEO, YOU DA MAN!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

cyrano138

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Man I'm crazy jealous. I never did get the hang of SFIC's. I've picked one or two by luck, but never in a reasonable amount of time and never to control.
"One cyrano video was all that I needed to cure my serratatosus."
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:59 pm

cyrano138 wrote:Man I'm crazy jealous. I never did get the hang of SFIC's. I've picked one or two by luck, but never in a reasonable amount of time and never to control.

How much have you practiced?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

cyrano138

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Not as much as you, I think. :)

I have about a dozen that I've probably put a hundred hours into (mostly Best), but I can't seem to get a feel for their feedback. They seem to be machined really well and I have a hard time telling if I've set pins or not.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:31 pm

cyrano138 wrote:Not as much as you, I think. :)

I have about a dozen that I've probably put a hundred hours into (mostly Best), but I can't seem to get a feel for their feedback. They seem to be machined really well and I have a hard time telling if I've set pins or not.

Increase your tension?

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

cyrano138

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 pm

I feel like I used variable tension, but I'll give it another go. Thanks!
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 pm

cyrano138 wrote:I feel like I used variable tension, but I'll give it another go. Thanks!

I used to be terrible at I/C cores. I practiced quite a bit and one thing I've learned is that it's easiest to pick to control. Lubricate the core very well, then with heavy tension going clockwise SPP setting each pin stack only once. What this is doing is setting the control shear line. To me this is the ultimate for picking I/C because you now have free repeated access, if you need a core key made to pull other cores in the system then it can be decoded as well.

Since I got my new job I've been picking a lot of cores to control just because I hate drilling that many cores. It's been nice, since I've started decoding them we've been figuring out some of the stuff the guy I replaced was doing. Since you have Best cores there is a good possibility that you have some spool pins in there. They can throw you off, but they can also just be picked through from what I've found. Almost like the momentum skips past the serration of the spool.
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 pm

i use hard tension on best locks
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:03 pm

mdchurchill wrote:
cyrano138 wrote:Since you have Best cores there is a good possibility that you have some spool pins in there. They can throw you off, but they can also just be picked through from what I've found. Almost like the momentum skips past the serration of the spool.

That or a standard driver is blocking the plug from false-setting. Last time I got a false set on a BEST it was the last driver binding before it opened.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

cyrano138

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 pm

I've had a couple that give a nice false set but every time I tried to get past it I dropped a previous pin. I wasn't aware that harder tension was appropriate for these. I'll definitely renew my attack. And thanks as always for all the help and advice!

Return to Lock Picking