FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Broke my first pick...

<<

Asron87

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: Broke my first pick...

Daggers wrote:forgot where exactly i saw this but there's this video of deviant ollam talking about how the city rake is actually supposed to be used in such a way as to simulate a key and not as a rake. Insert it in and lift it gently, tilt it forward, tilt it back, try different position while using pulsed tension and hope that the pins will all get close enough to the key biting to open (except on some extreme bitting, then the king and queen rake are good for this I hear). This is the first i heard of this but it sounds like it's correct. The city rake never really looked like a true rake to me.

This is just what i heard as i don't own any rakes at all but it's from deviant ollam who i consider a reputable source.

This is the video you are talking about. Might help you guys out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1Fs#t=845s
<<

Josh66

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm

I've seen that video before. I was using it the way he describes - it is just very thin at basically the worst possible place to have a thin spot, and broke.

(It actually just bent a little at first, but as soon as I saw the bend I knew it was gone. I cleaned up the end and use it for tubular locks now - lol.)
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Behold,

The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

LockManipulator

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 pm

at 12 sec, my jaw dropped :shock: that's some pretty fast raking! i don't think i could rake at that speed and not for as long either, my arm would be so tired....
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Daggers wrote:at 12 sec, my jaw dropped :shock: that's some pretty fast raking! i don't think i could rake at that speed and not for as long either, my arm would be so tired....

I'm really not actively moving my muscles... its more of causing my arm to willingly spasm in a vibrating motion and my hand follows.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Xeos pin experiments are AMAZING... FYI
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:10 pm

I just broke my sparrows city rake in the EXACT same place and I have been nowhere near rough with it.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking