FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

<<

pinhead1304

Familiar Face

Posts: 50

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:22 am

Location: dublin, ireland

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:36 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

graduated spools, i have a yale p300 that has 4 graduated spools the most difficult pick of my life. "so far anyways"
A zealous locksmith died of late,

And did arrive at heaven gate,

He stood without and would not knock,

Because he meant to pick the lock.
<<

awol70

User avatar

Mentor - 1st Class / Research & Development Kingpin / Prolific Videomeister / Global Moderator / The Guy You Wish You Were
Mentor - 1st Class / Research & Development Kingpin / Prolific Videomeister /  Global Moderator / The Guy You Wish You Were

Posts: 1653

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Location: CANADA

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:23 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

pinhead1304 wrote:graduated spools, i have a yale p300 that has 4 graduated spools the most difficult pick of my life. "so far anyways"

yep! me too! graduated spools are by far,the hardest to conquer ...
when/if i ever become proficient at picking them ,i will be a happy guy.
i really admire the skill of frantic55774 , and bobcat5am,when it comes to picking graduated spools, these two own!
yale™ and ™chubb spring to mind...=)
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

Image
<<

frantic57744

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:06 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

i have to say the straight pins in the lockwood 234c45 (5 straight pins ) sounds easy yeah!! the really is somewhat different try one!! ;) the tolerences are just awesome and boy do they get you working hard. i,ve sort of got to grips with graduated and serrations but i love spools you can have a full blown conversation with them as for mushrooms "yukky" :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

pinhead1304

Familiar Face

Posts: 50

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:22 am

Location: dublin, ireland

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

awol70 wrote:.
i really admire the skill of frantic55774 , and bobcat5am,when it comes to picking graduated spools, these two own!
yale™ and ™chubb spring to mind...=)

ye i know what you mean it's crazy how easy they make it look. :P
A zealous locksmith died of late,

And did arrive at heaven gate,

He stood without and would not knock,

Because he meant to pick the lock.
<<

awol70

User avatar

Mentor - 1st Class / Research & Development Kingpin / Prolific Videomeister / Global Moderator / The Guy You Wish You Were
Mentor - 1st Class / Research & Development Kingpin / Prolific Videomeister /  Global Moderator / The Guy You Wish You Were

Posts: 1653

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Location: CANADA

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

frantic57744 wrote:i have to say the straight pins in the lockwood 234c45 (5 straight pins ) sounds easy yeah!! the really is somewhat different try one!! ;) the tolerences are just awesome and boy do they get you working hard. i,ve sort of got to grips with graduated and serrations but i love spools you can have a full blown conversation with them as for mushrooms "yukky" :lol:

Yes,stainless steel pins really do make you work to get all pins set....they offer little or no "give"
where the softer brass pins would.
IMO stainless pins are a step up ln difficulty from brass. Lockwood obviously knows this too..=)
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

Image
<<

frantic57744

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 100

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:43 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

exactly, i think i may have to pull him out of the pile and give him his spp debut on cam then follow it up with an autopsy to see what it,s all about :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

awol70

User avatar

Mentor - 1st Class / Research & Development Kingpin / Prolific Videomeister / Global Moderator / The Guy You Wish You Were
Mentor - 1st Class / Research & Development Kingpin / Prolific Videomeister /  Global Moderator / The Guy You Wish You Were

Posts: 1653

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Location: CANADA

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

frantic57744 wrote:exactly, i think i may have to pull him out of the pile and give him his spp debut on cam then follow it up with an autopsy to see what it,s all about :P

funny thing,you know..mine never goes on the pile/shelf..i always have it in sight as a reminder
not to get to cocky...=)
it always puts me in my place..
looking forward to the vid.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

Image
<<

game

Familiar Face

Posts: 25

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:10 am

Location: New richland, MN

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:06 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

personally serations mess me up but regular pins can be bad for me because I am too used to picking security pins once you go back it is annoying
<<

S&G

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 12

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 am

Post Sun May 24, 2009 4:17 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

I can't get the weiserlock to pop for me.
those finger pins are a bitch, points for the design though.
anyone making progress on that?
<<

uklockpicka

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 121

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Location: United Kingdom

Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

I really struggle with serrated pins, I just cant suss them out for some reason lol. Especially if the key pins are also serrated bloody nightmare lol
PERSAVIERNCE IS THE KEY
<<

uklockpicka

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 121

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Location: United Kingdom

Post Sun May 24, 2009 9:13 am

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

awol70 wrote:
frantic57744 wrote:i have to say the straight pins in the lockwood 234c45 (5 straight pins ) sounds easy yeah!! the really is somewhat different try one!! ;) the tolerences are just awesome and boy do they get you working hard. i,ve sort of got to grips with graduated and serrations but i love spools you can have a full blown conversation with them as for mushrooms "yukky" :lol:

Yes,stainless steel pins really do make you work to get all pins set....they offer little or no "give"
where the softer brass pins would.
IMO stainless pins are a step up ln difficulty from brass. Lockwood obviously knows this too..=)


yes i agree mate i have 2 lookwoods under my belt now thanks to uklockpicker aka lockpicks08, the first 1 took me little while but there was no securities, it had me puzzled why it was so difficult until i opened her up and found stainless steel pins in there. They just give no give lol Top marks for design.
PERSAVIERNCE IS THE KEY
<<

bumpin88

Familiar Face

Posts: 25

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

yeah, stainless steel pins make picking a pain. i still can't get a 5 pin sargent to pick because of them.

but my biggest challenge right now are mushrooms, i have a medeco w/4 at the 1,2, 5,6 positions :shock: w/ stainless steel pins @ 3,4 positions. so even w/o the side bar this lock just laughs at me. :x
Image

"Lockpicks aren't burglary tools,
they're master keys!"
<<

omegaman

Familiar Face

Posts: 177

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Location: united kingdom

Post Sun May 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

the lockwood 234c45 gave me so much of a headache & as frantic57744
mentioned straight pins but that being said serrated pins normally give me the most problems
<<

DannyLocksmith

Newbie

Posts: 14

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:23 am

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

bumpin88 wrote:yeah, stainless steel pins make picking a pain.


same man... gotta hate those.


-----------------------------------------------
“A zealous locksmith died of late,

And did arrive at heaven gate,

He stood without and would not knock,

Because he meant to pick the lock.”
<<

Solomon

User avatar

Prolific Poster

Posts: 947

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Location: Northern Ireland

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: WHAT IS YOUR PIN KRYPTONITE ?

I'm gonna have to say serrated, I don't have much trouble with spools although I do find those tricky sometimes if the lock happens to operate smooth as silk. I bought a yale X5 cylinder recently (which I understand contains 3 serrated drivers) and have picked it 5 or 6 times, but nowehere near consistent with it yet. Seems more like luck at the moment, although I'll get there in time. Always do!
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware