FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Re: What have you picked today

Just got this 6 Pin Best and this too I can pick to O but not to Control. Grrrrr this is getting frustrating. Even made my own IC core tension which I fk'ed up a bit but even with that I got zip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:33 am

Tourisafe LockBlock. Happens to be my 'safe' in this hotel! :???:

Here it is locked up:

The key:

Here is the safe with the LockBlock out and open:

And with the LockBlock in place:

Never seen these before.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:36 am

huxleypig wrote:Tourisafe LockBlock. Happens to be my 'safe' in this hotel! :???:

Here it is locked up:

The key:

Never seen these before.

Nice, Hux. Very nice indeed. :)

My room does not have a safe for me to mess with. Stayed at a Sheraton hotel in Phoenix a month ago and it had a four pin Medeco Classic cam lock on the room safe. Yes, it fell to one of Raimundo's Bogata sets.

This hotel I'm at right now uses TrioVing. VingCards for the guests, but a TrioVing Scandinavian oval key lock override.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

scudo

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 am

I picked this up when I collected my safe it was just lying around and for the bucket, I think its just a drawer lock of some kind nothing too secure.
I couldnt understand why I was having problems until I realised there was a broken key inside, once that was fished out it picked very easily.

yale 1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am

Gwien, sweet dimple lock. Great picking.

Gordon, a Medeco to a bogata? I didn't even know that was possible. Going to try it tonight.

Scuda, I learned the same lesson except mine had a tiny portion of the key inside a bit over one cut in length so it was very hard to figure. Think someone's key broke and they inserted the broken piece then the remaining key piece to unlock it. After that headache, step one is to always check the keyway clearance. Great picking plus great find for your collection.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:43 am

Light tension at first with the Medeco. Tilt the Bogota to the side, and you can set the rotation. Harder with a cam lock.

Good luck!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:03 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:
huxleypig wrote:Tourisafe LockBlock. Happens to be my 'safe' in this hotel! :???:

Here it is locked up:

The key:

Never seen these before.

My room does not have a safe for me to mess with. Stayed at a Sheraton hotel in Phoenix a month ago and it had a four pin Medeco Classic cam lock on the room safe. Yes, it fell to one of Raimundo's Bogata sets.

This hotel I'm at right now uses TrioVing. VingCards for the guests, but a TrioVing Scandinavian oval key lock override.

Gordon

Images not reposted to save space.

It is recommended that members do not pick locks in use or locks they do not own. Hotel safe locks fall into this category and there could be legal issues as well from doing this.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Heh... very interesting. I have been on a mission to open medecos with bogotas for some time now, and I always seem to give up on the bogotas when there is only but one pin left to set as found byprobing the lock with a pick and setting the final pin manually and it opening. Although this is with a 6 pin biaxial and not a 4pin cam (although them medeco cams are NASTY little buggers.)

I hope to remember to inquire for more detail on this exploit in chat later...

Oh, and Riyame brings up a very salient point as well... locks in use especially ones owned by others are not encouraged to be messed around with as one could find themselves in rather hot water (and drag others into it with them) over it.

-Elbow

GWiens2001 wrote:

Gordon
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Great point Riyame. Sometimes we get excised to defeat a lock we forget the golden rules
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Post man just brought this in about 20m ago. Package states "anti pick PIN" lol
On their scale from 0 - 6 this is a 4. Assume 6 means all security pins.
I only had one go at it and right away pin 3 gave me a false set type yet all of the other 5 pins set without any counter rotation so Im gutting it as soon as I can and will post pics.
<<

Neilau

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:46 pm

PG

The security number on the packing do not reference the picking difficulty.

They indicate the physical strength of the lock. ie. it's resistance to being forced/broken.

Cheers.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Suck I thought the next level would be more fun but thanks for the info. Since we are on the topic any idea how this lock keyes? No plate screw to unscrew but it does have a set screw which appears to hold the shackle. Back of packing doesnt say shit
<<

huxleypig

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:45 pm

I did think about the security of showing the key bitting but you would need to know the hotel as well as the fact that each one is given out at random and so the room number is always given a random(ish) lock.

But regarding the picking of other people's locks, yes, that is very bad, do not do this. Does a rented lock ever become your's to mess with?
<<

Neilau

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:45 pm

To illustrate the security rating. I have never posted these as they are too easy to shout about.

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

All three locks are top rated (on the packet) security wise and indeed would take a hell of a beating before they broke but as you can see from the bitting on the centre and right lock, all they need is to drop a half diamond down them (with a bit of tension) and they will pop open. Don’t even have to pull the pick out!!

The lock on the left will succumb to a bogota in a couple of seconds. None of these “High Security” locks have spools or any other anti pick pins in them.

If I was going to use them I would replace the cylinder with a BiLock, V10 or something similar and feel comfortable that I had pretty secure pad locks but as they are, though strong physically - hardly "High Security".
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

huxleypig

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:37 pm

Neilau wrote:To illustrate the security rating. I have never posted these as they are too easy to shout about.

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

All three locks are top rated (on the packet) security wise and indeed would take a hell of a beating before they broke but as you can see from the bitting on the centre and right lock, all they need is to drop a half diamond down them (with a bit of tension) and they will pop open. Don’t even have to pull the pick out!!

The lock on the left will succumb to a bogota in a couple of seconds. None of these “High Security” locks have spools or any other anti pick pins in them.

If I was going to use them I would replace the cylinder with a BiLock, V10 or something similar and feel comfortable that I had pretty secure pad locks but as they are, though strong physically - hardly "High Security".

Hey Neilau, I hope you are prepared to get you ass handed back to you this coming summer! :smile:

The security ratings make me laugh, I went looking for the highest rated Master lock and it sucked ass. 10/10? Not at all.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking