FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: What have you picked today

GWiens2001 wrote:BTW, Hux, about how long did it take to pick it once you worked out the tool?

Gordon

Like most things, once you have the right tool, the rest is easy. The lock (Protec I or Protec II) can be done in 2 minutes easily but I am aiming for quicker. This is just the tip of the iceberg too :hbg:
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:01 pm

So, wait. Protec is pickable in less time than some of the better pin tumblers...?
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Yes Patrick, that would be correct. Well, if you assume that those better pin tumblers can't also be opened quicker ;-)
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:35 am

Right tool for the job everytime :)

Another Medeco from me. 6 Pin Classic - Dealer Restricted Profile

This one was a truly tough mother. Whoever pinned this lock, and the 5 others that I got with it must have had a lot of spare mushrooms, as they pinned them all up with 5 of them, and 1 standard to each lock. Seemed like everytime I got 4 of the mushrooms set, upon setting 5, I would drop at least one of them back again. That and the 1 cut all the way back at POS6 didn't help. Not much in the way of rotation though, a couple of pins needed a knock, but then presto!

adi_picker
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:29 am

Excellent work on the Protecs Hux! and thanks Oldfast!

I been working on this tool for the last couple days. I couldn't find any space/depth info on the Anchor Las so I marked it the same as a Classic. After picking I believe 18 degree and 2mm was correct though.

Anchor Las 810-1
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Wow gents, it has been some time and boy am I shocked at all the new locks I have just seen and the amazing picking work. Makes me remember why I feel in love with this hobby in the first place. Had to even remember where the post button was lol.

Green, love all the abloy work your doing but I think I love the organization in the background of your picks more :). Always wanted to have something like that for myself.

Adi, amazing work on all those crazy locks.

All of you guys rock!!!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 pm

opened these today:

femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:09 pm

greengrowlocks wrote:Excellent work on the Protecs Hux! and thanks Oldfast!

I been working on this tool for the last couple days. I couldn't find any space/depth info on the Anchor Las so I marked it the same as a Classic. After picking I believe 18 degree and 2mm was correct though.

Anchor Las 810-1

Great pick! Looks just like hux's silver bullet. Heavily influenced by his design? What other DDs does it pick?
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:10 pm

nice post, great pictures - I am impressed with you wood working too. All my cool cylinders are still in boxes. -
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:21 pm

droshi wrote:
Great pick! Looks just like hux's silver bullet. Heavily influenced by his design? What other DDs does it pick?

Not intentionally but having seen his tools I can't say it's not influenced. I'm not sure if there are many other ways to create handles for a DD pick that allow for depth/space markings. Having the handles slide into each other adds rigidity, smoothness and allows for the depth/space markings. I just recently tried adding the depth markings to the handle of the pick (previously they have all been on the tensioners handle in a grid pattern). I can't tell which I like better yet, but having the markings on the larger diameter of the picks handle creates more space in between markings which can make pin pointing depths easier.

Right now it only picks that little padlock. I had trouble finding the larger versions of the Anchor Las padlocks here in the US.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:37 am

I think all Anchor Lås disc detainers have the same mechanism. Some go deeper into the housing though.

The other Anchors take a normal Scandinavian Oval cylinder.

Biggest DD Anchor I can find: https://www.laskompaniet.se/product/han ... chor-880-4
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Patrick Star wrote:I think all Anchor Lås disc detainers have the same mechanism. Some go deeper into the housing though.

The other Anchors take a normal Scandinavian Oval cylinder.

Biggest DD Anchor I can find: https://www.laskompaniet.se/product/han ... chor-880-4

Bigger Anchor. https://securitysnobs.com/Anchor-Las-590-6-Grade-6-Padlock-For-Euro-Profile-Cylinders.html It weighs an extra pound / 454 grams! Get it with the Abloy Protec 2 cylinder, and you have the biggest Anchor DD lock. :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

huxleypig

Post Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Gerda disc detainer:

<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 am

Abus 88/40 with newest Abus+ core (butterflies on both first and last disc). Picked with rear tension, tool is Hux's silver bullet with my own basic handles.

<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:08 pm

ASSA Twin Combi 5600 - Sidebar only (No top pins)
picked_sidepins.png

I've had this thing for ... far too long.
The big issue (apart from being a tricky mechanism regardless :D) is the bitting of the sidebar on this lock, perhaps combined with the tighter profile of this one compared with for example most 5800s.
Ended up having to make my own tool, modelled after the Primus tool supallama sent me but modified to actually set all pins in this bastard.

Now the next step is picking it fully pinned! Wish me luck...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking