FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:34 am

Re: What have you picked today

Got two new locks picked today.

ASSA 700 (Thanks to the member here who sent me this )

Avocet ABS
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:11 am

Make that 3, just got the d12 with elongated pin picked. The longer pin doesn't really affect picking, it can be set by flipping your pick on it's side and lifting from the BOK. The 6th pin was hardest to set, but it's still a relatively low cut in this lock.

ASSA d12 w/ long pin

Earlier today I disassembled the lock to get a better look at the long pin.
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:34 pm

greengrowlocks..you seem to be able to blow through quite a few of these guys. And not the easiest of ones at that.
not illiterate, just tough to overcome auto-correct & type on mobile device
<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:30 am

insatiableOne wrote:greengrowlocks..you seem to be able to blow through quite a few of these guys. And not the easiest of ones at that.

Yeah - you're definitely not supposed to pick ASSA 700s that quickly. Must be something wrong with it! You should complain to whoever sent it to you... must be some retarded starfish or something :)
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Patrick Star wrote:
insatiableOne wrote:greengrowlocks..you seem to be able to blow through quite a few of these guys. And not the easiest of ones at that.

Yeah - you're definitely not supposed to pick ASSA 700s that quickly. Must be something wrong with it! You should complain to whoever sent it to you... must be some retarded starfish or something :)

Definitely not a retarded starfish. I spent 3 days working on it before I got it open. You mentioned it was more interesting than the d12 so I focused on it almost exclusively during that time. It really is an exceptional lock and a tough pick.

ASSA Flexcore Plus (This one does not have the longitudinal pin which is a little disappointing. I would like to see some photos of the Flexcore locks that have it. I could only find the diagram in my google searches. )

Not the best picture, but a head on of the key
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 am

greengrowlocks wrote:
Patrick Star wrote:

Definitely not a retarded starfish. I spent 3 days working on it before I got it open. You mentioned it was more interesting than the d12 so I focused on it almost exclusively during that time. It really is an exceptional lock and a tough pick.

ASSA Flexcore Plus (This one does not have the longitudinal pin which is a little disappointing. I would like to see some photos of the Flexcore locks that have it. I could only find the diagram in my google searches. )

Not the best picture, but a head on of the key

Sometimes after a lock has entered use in the Wild rather that just in testing, a problem is discovered and some element of the lock must be changed to maintain the overall function of the lock.

I look at that key and, seeing the hole in the tip of the key, think “Wow - great place for lint and dirt to fit”. That would prevent operation of the lock. Then whoever is maintaining the lock would need to find a drill bit of the proper diameter and spin it by hand in the hole to clear out the junk. Yet by the time the key fully stops functioning enough with that key there would be wear on the lock components.

I could be wrong, but that may be the reason that so many Flexcore locks seem to be missing that longitudinal pin.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 am

Schlage Primus

Big thanks to tpark for the sale of this lock to me at a more than reasonable price. Between this transaction and our trades, his feedback is 'A+++++++++ great ebayer' from me to anyone thinking of dealing with him. Came to me 0 bitted, so I pinned it and cut the key myself. As you can see the bitting is incredibly tame (224503), and this was as my Blitz and the Primus blanks were very unhappy to meet. The cutter ripped the first blank in half, where the sidebar cuts meets the rest of the blade, so I'm guessing this is a steel key? Second time around I didnt dare make any deep cuts and lose the one remaining Primus blank I had, so steady as she goes. Also in the photo is the custom rake tool I used to set the sidebar, made from a broken .015 Peterson. Big thanks to greengrow here, you can see his original thread on the rake here.

adi_picker
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 pm

The original Schlage blanks are nickel silver which are harder to cut than brass. I believe there is a special jaw to cut Primus on the 1200 which may be why you had an issue.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the blank composition Jeff. Speaking with another member here he gave me a few pointers on cutting them with the Blitz and now they are a breeze.

ABUS / SKG EC550

Very similar to the MTL 7x7, but with 9 pins, 6 along the top and 3 along the bottom, parallel to one another. Got this from a Polish eBayer, a good score at only $19.97 AUD including the postage from Poland! Thanks hmx24!

Schlage Primus

Another day, another Primus. I like these locks a lot, but with the sidebar rake, they are not particulary hard.

adi_picker
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:27 am

Took me awhile but got this guy picked tonight. Now I'm gonna start working on the Combi.

ASSA 4800

I ran out of .017" material but I had an idea for different type of pick for these locks. I was thinking that if you had two separate picks each individually shaped for either a fore or a aft cut that it might make rotating finger pins easier. Not certain if this idea would work, but was wondering what you guys think? Even with this "V" shaped flagged it didn't grip and rotate the finger pins that well, especially if one was binding heavily.

4800/Combi Pick
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Todays effort

From the top down, a Bilock First Gen, SPPed. Not as difficult as you may think, but definately the only BiLock gen I can open with SPP as yet. Getting more difficult, a BiLock New Gen, raked open with a bogota. More difficult to than SPPing the First Gen. And for color, a Lockwood 334 with Status 6 OS Profile, SPPed.

adi_picker
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:00 am

M3 Padlock
<<

pagedeveloper

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:38 am

No nose picking here, but did pick three Master Locks. First time ever trying to pick a lock. It is fun, I really like it.
I have two more master's that I am going to try to get open. The ones (first ones) where level 3,4,5 security. I know that
it is not a lot. I have two 7 level security ones that I am going to try. I do not see this board getting much activity.

Thank you for allowing me to use this board...
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm

One of farmerfreak's challenge locks SPPed!

This is a mean little KIK! I don't wan't to spoil it for anyone else who may find this lock in their possesion, so I wont give away its secrets, but I will say that you will require good tension control!

adi_picker
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 am

I haven't picked anything today but I know that the police picked up the guys who been stealing from our apartments laundry machines.

It started when I was first doing my laundry and I locked the wooden doors and later when I went to check my laundry I couldn't open the wooden door. I found the the Kwikset deadlatch was bent, so I replaced it with a standard latch, not a deadlatch. I didn't know it was a burglar attempt at that time but I guess someone did know because later they installed a metal security door.

About 2-4 months had passed and someone did break into the laundry room using a crowbar I assume. Our security door has a knob and a deadbolt and not everyone locks the deadbolt like they should. So the thief crow barred the metal door and got in. They then broke into the laundry and dryer machines to steal quarters.

The manager then put in a different security door. About a week or two later my brother noticed some pry marks on that door but the burglars didn't get in. I was then texting the manager who basically said the metal security door did its job. But I had to remind him that they might just come back with a bigger crow bar or start targeting the residences. I did mention to him that he should put up a camera system.

I guess this got to his head as the manager put up his own WIFI and router and installed a WIFI camera for the driveway and a camera in the laundry mat. I heard today from the neighbor in front that a truck backed up into the driveway and attempted to break in again. But this time they got their license plate and supposedly the police went to their homes and picked them up.

I guess the burglar or burglars didn't know that if you keep up the same routine, you will get caught.

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking