FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Petrolhead

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Re: What have you picked today

Nice shim =P
<<

just1pick+open

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:37 pm

I don't know why, but the 2 screws securing the vise to the bench really bothers me. :shock: :smile: :mrgreen:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:23 am

Lots of YouTube videos showing the countermilling of ASSA 700 by the way. See for example https://youtu.be/Kg7YuamUOtg?t=571
<<

macavity

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:44 am

Petrolhead wrote:Nice shim =P

I was amazed at how easy it was to make with a sharp pair of scissors. The corners didn't come out right when I just cut it, so I tried rounding them with the scissors, and that turned out brilliantly. Total make time was under a minute.

just1pick+open wrote:I don't know why, but the 2 screws securing the vise to the bench really bothers me. :shock: :smile: :mrgreen:

It is just an old cutting board. It is one of those table vises that you fasten to the edge of the table, but the working height was way to low, so something had to be devised. Despite being ugly as hell it is super practical that I can grab all my stuff and put it away in one go. But yeah, this is the 0.1 version. I'll find a nicer cutting board in some kind of dark hardwood and mill out pinning board grooves in it... And just to make sure you don't have to endure my entire series of high security locks picked on a ghetto setup I'll find a nice big brass bolt to secure the vise with :P

Patrick Star wrote:Lots of YouTube videos showing the countermilling of ASSA 700 by the way. See for example https://youtu.be/Kg7YuamUOtg?t=571

Oh, thanks! I should have known that kokomolocks would have a complete break down...
<<

macavity

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:40 am

A challenge lock sent to me by Bosnian Bill.

I remember having seen it in one of his videos, but I cant find it now, so IF YOU KNOW WHO MADE THIS please let me know, so I can name the claim before I send it out in the world again.

It didn't put up a whole lot of a fight, but it was a fun pick that had some interesting elements to it none the less.

At first it bound up so bad, and felt all crunchy in the wrong kind of way, so I rinsed it through, which yielded about half a teaspoon worth of brass flakes.
WD40 may be a crappy lube for locks that see their intended use, but to get gunk out of a challenge lock it's a cheap and widely available solution:

Once it was cleaned the pick was less than 5 minutes, which kind of befuddled me, because it wouldn't move a thing unless I used very light tension, and even provided a bit of manual counter rotation on a couple of the pins. Also I didn't get even a single solid click out of this thing. Everything felt like it was either totally bound up, or it set in some weird mushy shoehorn kind fashion.

Gutting it explained a whole lot. All standards, only half springs (and a spring misssing?!?), but the core has been modified in a way that I actually think HELPS picking.. it just throws the feel a off like I've never experienced before:

But why the heck did it bind up like that? All smooth pins shouldn't do that.. Well a look up the bible explained this, as the threading is super sharp. News for me that threading will grab up this bad even on smooth pins:

Despite the fact that I picked it faster than I thought I would, and despite the fact that the open came as a complete surprise to me, it think this was a fun lock, and one every new picker should try. I certainly learned from it: "Sometimes no feedback at all is exactly what you have to work with. So just keep checking for a binder and give everyone a little nudge from time to time, and eventually the lock gives up."

Thanks to whoever made this. I'll do my best to ensure you don't stay anonymous!
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Dont have a picture but I finally made a tubular tension wrench and picked my American HT-15's and then had to open the 2 Ace II locks on my uncles gun safe since he lost the key to it. after picking them both open, I remembered I had the tubular lock pick in the truck tool box so I picked one to between clicks and put the pick in to make a copy of what the key was... Made him a new key when I got home.
<<

macavity

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:33 am

A Ruko 600 from a large mastered system.

The keyway was worn out like I've never seen before. You could fit in a .023 from the bottom and still get lost..

There wasn't a whole lot to this pick, since I already knew that it was a counter milled core with ASSA barrel spools. The heavy wear on this lock also did its part. It had at least 7 wafers in it, but they were all in the core when I gutted it, so I don't think that played too much of a role.

That being said, two tension wrenches helped quite a lot. Especially pin 1 was a pain, and had to have a bit of manual counter rotation, as it grabbed up perfectly.

As you can see, some of the holes are elongated, which is not uncommon for a 20 year old lock that has been in use in a high traffic area.

In Denmark it is common that the locks in mastered systems are labeled A, B, D etc, depending on the number of zones. A being the high security zone to which the key can open everything. This lock was marked C which means it has been in something like a class room door. This lock could easily have seen 50000 opens in its life span.

Unfortunately I made a snafu of things when I took it apart, and managed to lose an entire pin stack, spring and everything, so I promptly ordered a proper lock disassembly set! It is pins stack 3 missing on the picture. I assume it was also an ASSA spool.

<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:11 am

Kinda weird seeing both old and new style ASSA drivers in the same lock...
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:22 am

My pick of the day with a cut down key. (although it doesnt look picked)
<<

JIMBETHYNAME

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Ive only been p8cking for about 2 weeks and today I finally raked my Master #3.
I always tried to get it open in my vice to no avail.
Today, I held it in my hand and popped it right open. Now it tak3s less than 10 seconds to pop it open.
Im getting a progressive lock set from sparrows hopefully on monday.
Im happyvas hell i got it open, guess you have to start somewhere. :wgaf: lol
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Heres my pick today. A garage door lock. Not a difficult pick, but I love the fun making a tool to do the job.

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:15 am

Great picking boys and girls - damn this thread as grown over the years ....

Ratlock I Picked this and made a CUTAWAY of some interest I think :razz:

CHUBB CRUISER VINTAGE .. photos to follow
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:51 am

This one ...vintage chubb cruiser with the lever with a tail .. needs picking to decode the same methodology

see chubb London decode guide for reference on form as the number 179 stamped on back - rear of lock body

click .. on to enlarge photo

ringo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:41 am

Hi 10ringo10. Nice to meet you.
Ive picked a cruiser.

But it was a Battleship Lockcracker made into a cut away for me.

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 am

Nice one did see your thread on lp regarding the battleship and cruiser
And at that time had not seen inside the cruiser - vintage so was happy a few days later
when one CHUBB cruiser dropped into my lap - nice to meet you ratlock
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking