FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: What have you picked today

6 pin Best M keyway picked to control!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:31 am

This WINKHAUS was much more difficult than it should, and I was unable to pick it open for a week. We played with it at LockCon and neither me nor MrAnybody were able to open it. We got so angry that we split it in half and went back home without getting it open.

I usually got a deep false set and then got stuck. Then suddenly I opened it while I was just feeling the 3 pins I hadn't picked yet. That was really surprising and amazing at the same time.
After that moment I realized how easy it was. I used to push the back pins too deep and probably overset one or two of them. Now I pick it very gently, by setting the first two and then going back slowly and just caressing rather than pushing the back ones with the pick.
Just for the records, I was turning it CCW by pushing the wrench with my thumb. I usually turn CW and push with my index.
Now that I've learned this trick it's super easy. I'm waiting to see MrAnybody's half opened soon!

Cheers :)
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:54 pm

femurat wrote:Image

This WINKHAUS was much more difficult than it should, and I was unable to pick it open for a week. We played with it at LockCon and neither me nor MrAnybody were able to open it. We got so angry that we split it in half and went back home without getting it open.

I usually got a deep false set and then got stuck. Then suddenly I opened it while I was just feeling the 3 pins I hadn't picked yet. That was really surprising and amazing at the same time.
After that moment I realized how easy it was. I used to push the back pins too deep and probably overset one or two of them. Now I pick it very gently, by setting the first two and then going back slowly and just caressing rather than pushing the back ones with the pick.
Just for the records, I was turning it CCW by pushing the wrench with my thumb. I usually turn CW and push with my index.
Now that I've learned this trick it's super easy. I'm waiting to see MrAnybody's half opened soon!

Cheers :)

Good work Fem! That is a particularly deceptive bitting for a lockpicker. Nobody expects that, right?! Another valuable lesson learned though my friend. Keep it up, you'll get good one day! :D
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:15 am

huxleypig wrote:Keep it up, you'll get good one day! :D

Good one Hux :fu:
<<

Patrick Star

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:02 pm

ASSA Twin 6000
Sidebar only, without having seen the side code
This took forever. Like, weeks poking at it on and off, that kind of forever. I was about to give up and start progressive pinning when it popped open after switching picks for the Nth time. I think the basic problem is the damn pins jamming to the point where stuff dropped as I tried to set them.
Haven't really gotten the impression that this is usually the case, so maybe it's just this lock?

Now to see if I can start getting it open reliably (yeah, right... more like see if I can get it open ever again!) and then start pinning up the top pins.
The ASSA mushroom cloud pins with countermiled chambers don't scare me too much anymore ( :P ), but these bastards really get stuck with no feedback and I assume two-way tension might not help since it'll drop side pins.
<<

Neilau

Post Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:54 am

Lockwood V7. :D

Surprisingly, only took a couple of mins.

Thanks Lockpicking Lawyer #50 :hbg: :hbg:

VBust1.jpg

VBust2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 am

Keep the lockwoods going, after many many months I finally had an open window to pick. Blew the dust of the pick case and went to work. Nothing to interesting here but give me a sense that I still have my touch :)

Im still out of the loop of the pic and video upload changes, so I just uploaded it here:

http://imgur.com/a/FBPMJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:06 am

Papa Gleb wrote:Keep the lockwoods going, after many many months I finally had an open window to pick. Blew the dust of the pick case and went to work. Nothing to interesting here but give me a sense that I still have my touch :)

Im still out of the loop of the pic and video upload changes, so I just uploaded it here:

http://imgur.com/a/FBPMJ

Glad to see you were able to pick again! Hope everything is going better with the family.
Malekal: I guess I'll try... I thought you had to go light
xeo: you do whatever the lock wants
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:00 pm

ASSA Twin 6000, fully pinned (6 top pins + 5 side pins)

This was friggin' awful...
I was able to do it with 3 top pins reasonably quickly after mastering the sidebar, but then it went all-out evil on me. Either I'm doing something wrong early in the picking or this particular lock happens to be of the meaner variety. This is the kind with the evil really-grab-the-countermilling kind of pins of course ("half spools", "pins from the lock of Cthulu's tomb in R'yleigh" or whatever you call them), but that's not insurmountable in itself. What really gets me is that the top and side pins take turns binding. Basically goes like this:
1. Top pins go into false set and are totally jammed
2. One or maybe two side pins bind, often hard enough that they can't be set without dropping top pins
3. I desperately try to figure out whether I over/under-set a side pin or whether it's time to do the next top pin, often dropping some pins in the process and having to start over
4. Spooly part of one or two top pins are binding and occasionally possible to work out of contermilling, though not much feedback as to which
5. Side pins drop as I get counter-rotation and set a top pin
6. In vain, I try to figure out whether I over/under-set a top pin or whether it's time to do the next side pin, often dropping some pins in the process and having to start over
6. GOTO 2
<<

Petrolhead

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Did buy this without checking the size (20mm tiny as he**)
Here it is =P
Easy to pick, I did use a :snakerake:
<<

Petrolhead

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:47 am

Learning to pick Assa SCD, feels like serated pins? (is it serated?) cant disasemble yet =)

Two SCD's 7pins SPP'd

<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:00 pm

SCD isn't a type of lock, it's just a mark that means the cylinder has drill protection (Security Cylinder Drillprotected).
You should gut that one and see what's in it, made me curious at least...

And now try the classic one, ASSA 700!
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:48 pm

Damn. A lotta good stuff here guys! Very nice. And very impressive.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Petrolhead

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanks for the information about the lock Patrick Star. (its fun to learn new things)
Assa 700 is on the done list, very easy.. (waiting for follower ( I orderd) to gut both locks, the 700 is broken, something fell out and I think a spring is between the bible & cylinder)
And next lock is orderd from ebay, a KASP 140 padlock, some day I wanna repin and so, when I got extra pins etc.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Uhm, the actual/common 700 isn't exactly easy :-). I'd rate it among the hardest pure pin tumblers (anyone care to comment?).
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking