FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 am

Re: What have you picked today

Nice bitting on the key, Marduk. How is the keyway?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks~ the keys are one of the main reasons I decided to buy it.

The keyway isn't too bad, it has a small bit of warding that can get in the way, but nothing a slim pick can't handle.

<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Antique Hollymade lock I got from a swap-out. I think it's from the 50s, or close to then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Locks are droppin' like flies around here!! :whip:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

escher7

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:26 am

Disk Detainer

Awhile back I scored three big shiny Chinese disk locks for $5 at a junk shop. In spite of reading and watching everything Solomon has posted I just couldn't get the feel of picking them. Finally, in frustration the hacksaw came out and I made a cut-away to see what was going on. (The tough looking metal melted away like butter.)
My (also Chinese) detainer pick was working fine, and each disk moved properly, but there was no obvious click when the disks aligned - only the very slightest give. I then attacked one of the other padlocks using an extremely light touch and feeling for the "give" and was shocked that it opened on the first try. The final lock seems a bit harder, but I will get it now that I know the feel.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:47 am

Finally! The MTL 7x7 has fallen, thanks for the trade Marton

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:55 am

Nice work, rerun!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:28 am

Escher~ That reminds me, I have a few warded disc detainers I need to pick! I just need to get used to using the homemade pick, because the wards don't allow you to use the 'standard' style pick. I tried it and for some reason I just ca'n't get the feel for it yet.

Rerun~ Damn! Nice one!!
<<

info5ec

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:16 pm

abuspicked.jpg

Just got my Abus 55/40 in today, picked within 30 minutes. :)

... I think I'll revisit that Master 5 that I was having so much trouble with ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Well done info5ec! Once you've mastered the spools the fun really begins :armed:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

deph

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:14 pm

rerun nice pick on the mul-t-lock and good job info, nice jump from a master 3! what lock do you have your eyes on now? or are you gonna stick with the abus and master for a while?

Got this earlier. 7 pin but still workin on control though. :whip:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:26 pm

deph wrote:rerun nice pick on the mul-t-lock and good job info, nice jump from a master 3! what lock do you have your eyes on now? or are you gonna stick with the abus and master for a while?

Got this earlier. 7 pin but still workin on control though. :whip:

Have a Falcon SFIC that was my first SFIC. It came with no keys. Could pick it open all day long, but could only impression a control key. Finally started looking at the control key and the lock picked to open, and thought... "That looks like the first pin (now I know it is the sixth pin) is a lot lower when it is picked, but the other pins seem to be close". Filed out a copy of the control key, then started filing down only the sixth position (closest to the keyway opening on this six-pin lock), and when it got down a ways... BAM - change key.

Whoever combinated that SFIC only had one pin different between the change key and the control key. L-A-Z-Y. Though it would work.

So keep in mind that the lock you are picking (and most SFIC locks in general) will require that a control key have at least some of the pins will need to be raised higher than the change (user) key. And some should be lower than the change key.

Good work, and good luck!

Gordon
<<

mechanical_nightmare

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 am

Wow man, great job on the Mul-T-Lock... I can only dream of picking that for the moment.

After purchasing an ABUS Diskus padlock for actual use in our business, I decided to get another one for myself:

Couldn't get the picture to display right for some reason... The locked picked easily enough, took about 3 minutes.
If you do not manipulate the lock, then the lock will manipulate you
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 am

good work nm, i really like that offset diamond you made as well :)
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:29 am

mechanical_nightmare wrote:Wow man, great job on the Mul-T-Lock... I can only dream of picking that for the moment.

with the proper to (which took me a couple tries to make correctly) it's really not that hard to pick. fun, but not that hard :)
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking