FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Patrick Star

Post Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Re: What have you picked today

ASSA RUKO 3 padlock
Edit: tinypic decided to replace the first picture with something else entirely, WTF?
Got this one without a key or any other information about the core at all. Apparently the neighbor of a friend had locked up a storage shed with it and lost the key. Luckily he mauled the thing it was attached to instead of ruining the lock/shackle (in fact, it came with a bit of metal from the door still attached to the shackle).

Unsure what's in it - behaves a lot like serrated pins and little to no counter-rotation. Edit: Turns out it is indeed serrated pins, two to three serrations each. Is this really an ASSA core?

It's been sitting in my collection unpicked for far, far too long. Haven't even made an effort in a long time but figured yesterday I should give it a go now that I have more experience with serrated pins.
Tricky part was working with the nasty warding and not oversetting pins during the last segment of the picking (latter made worse by the former since constantly touching the warding really dulls the feel of the pins). Had to find just the right level of tension.
Last edited by Patrick Star on Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:13 pm

Nice work Pat!

Finally picked a Medeco today! Not the original one I was originally working on, but a 5 pinner from Ebay. I found it easier to set to shear first then rotate. It's pretty easy to identify the pins in false gates too. Still need some work on rotating the pins better but bouncing the tension wrench really helped get them outta the false gates. Great writeup on Medeco here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:43 pm

Nice. It is great when you get a Medeco picked. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Chinese double-bitted lever lock
Not that much of an accomplishment as far as lever locks go, but still fun for someone with very limited lever lock experience!
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Opps, I posted in the Medeco section, I should have put it here.

Picked my first Medeco Classic 6 pin today after reading XEO's post about picking them.

<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Abus 65/15

and Abus Extreme 83wp/53
Malekal: I guess I'll try... I thought you had to go light
xeo: you do whatever the lock wants
<<

Trekmaster30

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:49 pm

3 brand new WB locks I got today. 2 of them will be in a video on my youtube channel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Trekmaster30 wrote:3 brand new WB locks I got today. 2 of them will be in a video on my youtube channel.

No logos on thos WB?
Malekal: I guess I'll try... I thought you had to go light
xeo: you do whatever the lock wants
<<

Trekmaster30

Post Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:24 pm

nope and in my video i unbox them i figured there would be a WB on the top of them
<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:33 am

DORMA DCS DC500 (ASSA 700 clone)
FINALLY! This thing has been kicking my ass for ages... knowing it was essentially a clone (same types of pins - mushroom-cloud/xmas driver pins, torpedo key pins, also countermilled, etc. hell, it even sounds the same) I intended to practice on this one before going after a "real" ASSA 700. Well, that plan didn't turn out so great, because I popped the real deal long before this!
Problem was either dropping or oversetting pins during the last stage of the picking, when getting the mushroom-cloud driver pins out of false set. Plus the occasional total lockup with no feedback, but that's kinda to be expected with deep countermilling I suppose.
To make matters really annoying, the first pin acts as a gatekeeper, and since it has such a high cut (the very highest possible) I have to stick a tension wrench in bottom-of-keyway and remove the usual one from the top to set it. Really wanted to go postal on it for a while.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Two locks that were handy when I finally opened an 'extra' that WestCoastPicks tossed in on a trade.

Those picks work great, and love how they retract and the tension wrenches fit in as well. They look to be 3D printed. All I needed to do was add a little grease to smooth out the sliding.

Sorry I didn't open these sooner. Big thanks, WestCoastPicks! :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

otcmx

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:38 am

I'm a beginner who wants to open a lock door that I have lost the key. So I want to buy lock picking tools but there are so many varieties. Any advice what type of tool/tools I should buy?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:37 am

otcmx wrote:I'm a beginner who wants to open a lock door that I have lost the key. So I want to buy lock picking tools but there are so many varieties. Any advice what type of tool/tools I should buy?

What kind of lock is it? Pictures? There are many different types of locks, and therefore many types of picks to pick them.

Gordon
<<

Neilau

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Like Gordon said there are many types of locks and each type of lock needs their own special tool.

Picks are not magical tools that can open any lock. You have to learn how to use them - and this takes time and practice.

If you have a door that needs opening, I suggest that you hire a Locksmith unless you don't mind the door being left locked for many months while you learn to use the picks.

There are many threads on this site where you will find all the information that you need to get started.

BTW - in your first post should introduce yourself. This is not really the thread to ask this question.

Anyway welcome to the forum and good luck in your efforts to learn a new skill.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

otcmx

Post Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:12 am

Sorry, my name is Eric and I'm new here. I saw there are so many threads in this forum that I don't exactly know my questions belong to which particular thread.
It's so fascinating that there are so many people interested in this skill set and I was surprised to find so many community forums discussing this subject of lock picking. And I think that it would be very useful to learn this skill.
The picture of the door lock is like this image.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking