FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

flywheel

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Re: What have you picked today

I'll raise you one USN Corbin.
2014-12-26 20.05.16.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

flywheel

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Eagle, Eagle, Eagle
2014-12-28 20.55.04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Was dying to get my hands on a Mul-T-Lock and when I finally did I realized I didnt have a pick for it nor skill for it either. I also realized that no all of them have a flat keyway as mine was warded on top and bottom. I didnt give up and started to make the pick which you can see below. The pick came out very nice but needs a handle as its hard to twist that little piece but moving on, so with the ready pick I gave it a few more goes and hit the wall hard every time so back it went. Gave it a week then decided to take it apart and familiarize myself with the internals since I have never had one to play with. After taking it apart, I was surprised to see that this old first generation lock had ALL serrated outside pins but I also noted the sizes of them, placement, springs etc etc etc. After putting it back together, I grabbed my pick and told myself "if I dont get it now, I'm toss this thing and getting an older one with standard pins and a flat keyway", took a deep breath of some nicotine and went to work. I dont know if it was taking it apart or some weird boost of confidence but I picked this puppy like a pro. Got every pin as needed and got that deep deep deep set. Knowing that there must only be 1 or 2 pins left, I slowly went down the stacks and the result is clear Im sure since I am posting here but just in case its not, the plug rotated and the lock was picked open. Instantly this amazing feel filled my body and a huge smile developed on my face. I have finally picked my very first Mul-T-Lock.

Sorry for the story time but you can imagine my excitement. This all was yesterday and I picked this lock again today. If you have never played with a Mul-T-Lock pin-in-pin lock then stopped what your doing and go get one. Trust me its sooooooooooooo much fun. I am in love even more with this company.
<<

flywheel

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:56 am

I would classify these as used.
2014-12-29 23.13.07.jpg
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:18 am

Well done gents!!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

Nice work Flywheel.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:19 am

Nice work guys! And Papa I can't even get my EC75 yet so the multi is a thing I'll save for when I'm not so emotionally excitable LOL. Nice job on that pick also Papa it looks great.

Now if I can just get into the picking groove I have a ton of stuff waiting to be defeated.

Flywheel I don't have any Eagles so now I have something else to put on the shopping list and those Medecos look like getting past the grunge was a half the battle. Nice picking.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

kilae

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:28 am

Dom IX 5 KG

Mess with the best, die like the rest!

I search: All magnetic locks, Trioving locks, MIWA, Xylok, MAXiS, AVA Wafer Lock, teicocil, S&G 951, ...
I have: Swiss locks like Sea, kaba and keso, Miracle magnetic lock and some more
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks Doogs and please educate me. I dont know what an EC75 is :)

DOM locks look hella tough. good work
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Thanks Doogs and please educate me. I dont know what an EC75 is :)

DOM locks look hella tough. good work

EC75 are Abus dimple padlocks with nasty keyways. Think there's a pic in my collection thread.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:35 pm

Fradon padlock with Maxis keys that just arrived today from KM. Thanks for the deal, KM!

The keyway...

Yes, the keyway is perfectly round. You need to tension the lock by making a tension wrench about the same width as the diameter of the keyway, and apply tension to the same pins you are trying to pick. And it has security pins. :twisted:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Damn guys! Lotta nasty locks fallin' victim around here! Very nice everyone!

Gordon, you wasted no time! Couldn't you have
let that lock at least get one good night's sleep
and adjust to her new home?! lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:57 pm

Oldfast wrote:Damn guys! Lotta nasty locks fallin' victim around here! Very nice everyone!

Gordon, you wasted no time! Couldn't you have
let that lock at least get one good night's sleep
and adjust to her new home?! lol

Nah... the other locks will pick on her if she is not opened before joining them. :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:01 pm

HAAA! That's true.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

mapper123

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:29 pm

I am brand new to picking.... I backed into picking from another hobby (metal detecting) . I had 5 old locks I rescued from leaky old building my mother-in-law gave me. I let them lay around for a couple of years & decided to scrape them ( 2 yales,2 eagles & 1 ILCO) . I used a heavy hammer on the shackle to try to separate the brass from the steel shackle. Did not work, so I did a google search to understand how the locks worked ,then did another search on how to take them apart...thus stumbling on lock picking. I was fascinated with how interesting locks are & the idea of picking a lock.
I bought a few cheap picks & some used locks off ebay. I fiddled with a couple for about a month & bought a hobby vice & was successful for the first time today ....I picked 2 locks ( Master locks #1 & #3) . I felt like I finished a marathon.
I admire those of you that have advanced your skills so much after reading some of this thread
I need to round up more locks as I know I need a lot more practice.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking