FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Patrick Star

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:13 am

Re: What have you picked today

So, what's the trick to dealing with Mul-T-Locks when the inner pin has a much higher cut than the outer?
I find them to be pretty pickable in general, but as soon as a lock has one of those I fail miserably...
<<

madsamurai

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:58 am

Patrick Star wrote:So, what's the trick to dealing with Mul-T-Locks when the inner pin has a much higher cut than the outer?
I find them to be pretty pickable in general, but as soon as a lock has one of those I fail miserably...

Well, on mine it wasn't an issue... however Michael Maynard just did an interesting youtube video on that problem here you might want to check out. He's actually doing a 12 part series on Mul-T-Lock I'm rather looking forward to.

edit: after picking this one a few more times today I think I might just be inadvertently doing what he's talking about... oversetting and then dropping to a false set. I'm still working on feeling those inner pins, so maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be a necessary step each time. You can see on pin 4 in the pic of the key I have just that one that the inner pin is up inside the outer.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:16 am

Solex Mach II

First disc detainer! Used the ubiquitous $5 chinese DD pick, used way too much tension when starting, and just ended up with sore fingers. After lightening up the tension some, got my open. Great example lock for newcomers, don't go to heavy on the wire wheel when cleaning up a dirty / rusty lock, or you will remove all the chrome from the shackle, and all the coating from the body. Use steel wool, or a lighter wheel of some sort, or you lock will end up looking like this!

adi_picker
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:15 am

I got my first Abloy picked tonight!

Abloy Classic

The tool on top was the first I made but it had some flaws that I corrected on the second tool. I also changed the size of the tensioner so I could start picking the camlocks that have fewer discs. The camlocks only tension off one disc and the standard locks tension off two. I still need to add handles with depth/space markings.
<<

madsamurai

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Nice work, Greengrow... nothing more satisfying than picking a lock with a pick you've made yourself, imho.

Mul-T-Lock Junior... current replacement for the Classic, but not really improved. The 08 keyway warding is much shallower than the 06 classic keyway's wards, so even tho the cuts on the key appear to be deeper, they're actually not, and the shallow warding makes it a little bit easier to work the pick around. With all the fancy mushroom pins and spools in this thing, it really wasn't much of a challenge after having already picked the classic. I did need a smaller-tipped pick to get the two inset inner pins on 2 and 3 this time.
Image Image
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:35 pm

madsamurai wrote:Nice work, Greengrow... nothing more satisfying than picking a lock with a pick you've made yourself, imho.

Thanks mate, I read through your 6804 pick build a few days ago. I really like how you put it all together and how well made the finished tool looks. I have a 6804 over here I'd like to pick open some day.

I received a couple French locks today. This one wasn't nearly as challenging as the newer "H" series models. I have not disassembled the lock but I did not feel any false gates when picking.

Fichet 450
<<

vde

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm

God mode activated :hbg: I am utterly impressed! I really didn't think this would be pickable. I have to make 0.012 pick and try it on my one.

greengrowlocks wrote:This afternoon I received this neat Chain Key lock with curved keyway. Interestingly enough this lock came from a magic shop in the UK. I believe this is a remake of the original HYT chain key lock. The keys in these locks are injected into the keyway and bend around a curve within the keyway preventing straight tools/keys from being inserted. While waiting for this lock to arrive I was thinking of ideas for a pick that would bend side to side but retain vertical rigidity. Turns out that thin .012" feeler gauge picks were able to bend around the curve in the keyway and lift the pins. The first pin after the curve was the hardest to access.

Chain Key Lock

Also got this guy open today. I've been pretty successful raking the 3 and 4 pin cam locks but this 5 pin required an SPP.

Medeco 5 Pin Switch Lock
Have fun with my channel - VDE on YouTube
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Three little Chubb 5 lever locks on bank nightsafe wallets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Interesting pick!
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Homemade, and I tend to use up any old stuff as parts rather than turn up bits on the lathe. The handles are bits of old euro cylinders and thumbturns.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:16 pm

safecracker33 wrote:Homemade, and I tend to use up any old stuff as parts

Think we all do so your a leeds chap I see worked there in the 90s many make safe and secure jobs done
many pro burglars in the shadwell area - good job buddy
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Who did you work for in leeds? was it lock and safe work?
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Hey can not really say ... it was many moons ago but it was all insurance work it lasted a good few years
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Tested a couple of homebrew picks
Function rather than beauty for me, a little butter or paint type knife, cost 50p and I gave it a try because it already had a handle fitted, and a little penknife from bangood that has made a nice little folding pocket pick that can become my keyring if I wish, Popped a couple of little Asec 5 pin roller shutter bullet locks with each of them as a test. the key one especially is surprisingly nice to hold and use :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 pm

safecracker33 wrote:Three little Chubb 5 lever locks on bank nightsafe wallets.

Are these curtained?

safecracker33 wrote:Tested a couple of homebrew picks
Function rather than beauty for me, a little butter or paint type knife, cost 50p and I gave it a try because it already had a handle fitted, and a little penknife from bangood that has made a nice little folding pocket pick that can become my keyring if I wish, Popped a couple of little Asec 5 pin roller shutter bullet locks with each of them as a test. the key one especially is surprisingly nice to hold and use :)

Were these locks prone to the bypass? Nearly every one of these shutter locks I have seen are...

Regarding Mul-T-Locks; the inner pins can only ever be +/- 1 cut away from the outer pin. Or level, of course.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking