FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Re: What have you picked today

I received this yesterday and finally got it picked tonight. Prior to receiving it I thought I would have to work around the warding but that wasn't the case. I was able pick from the top of the warding but the real trouble was getting my pick under pins 5 and 6. I ended up flipping my pick on its side to pick pin 5 and use a .012" knife on it's side to pick pin 6. If pin 6 was a high cut I'm not sure it would have been possible to use that technique.

If anyone has or can get the higher security d12 with the elongated 5/6th pins I would very interested in trade or purchase.

Assa D12
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:05 am

You are one unstoppable dude greengrow! Kudos on the D12 man, I think if you look around, you might find you are one of the first to get it open mate.

For me it back to the Medecos

Biaxial 6 Pin KIK - Modified with a cap for repinning
First time to open a Medeco rotating the pins using ony a hook or lifter, no rake. I have been complaining about these recently, but they arent as hard as I have been making out once you get the feel of rotating the pins.

Classic 5 Pin Block Logo
Thanks to jimu57 for trading for this one :) Also manually rotated, I found it easier to use the hook on my DCAP lifter to cup the chisel of these pins and pull them around, in comparison to the pushing of the faces I did in the Biaxial.

Abloy AVALock Wafer
Cool little lock, a bit of fight in it! I like the way the rotation of the key ramps all the wafers very smoothly, rather than a regular wafer where the key feels like its going 10 rounds with everything on the way in.

adi_picker
<<

dontlook

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:10 am

This ACE padlock is an American clone, has plenty of spools and nice tolerances. Took me a while.

This guy was on a container at work and keys were misplaced, my bogotas were the only thing that could fit in due to handle lenght. It opened quick after I got the tools settled.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:30 am

More Medeco

Classic 5 Pin

adi_picker
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:16 am

Thanks adi, I think I lucked out with the bidding of mine though. If the 6th pin was a high cut I really doubt I could have got it open.

I received this padlock earlier tonight, and got it picked as well. I was able to modify the tensioner of one of those cheap Chinese disc-detainer picks to tension the disc in the back. I used a homemade flag to rotate the discs.

W-LOK Ovallok
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:23 am

Medeco Biaxial 6 Pin KIK
Similar to the above in its original pinning.

adi_picker
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Lockwood 334 with 'X1' Restricted Core

adi_picker
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:09 am

Lockwood 234 with MLAA JB restricted core

All the pins sit flush on the ledge of the 'M" in this profile, super tough! Used a 0.018 Peterson to rotate the pins into place.

adi_picker
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:53 am

Just the sidebar was difficult to pick. Very little room to work with, and the sliders don't freely jiggle because of the tight tolerances. I have a couple more of these coming, hopefully will have a fully pinned one picked soon.

ASSA DP 4400 Sidebar Only (10 Sliders)
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:33 am

Wow! I believe that's a forum first unless tumbl3r had some luck he hasn't reported?
Any hints for those of us utterly failing at it?
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:16 am

Patrick Star wrote:Wow! I believe that's a forum first unless tumbl3r had some luck he hasn't reported?
Any hints for those of us utterly failing at it?

I just picked the sidebar only. I admit though it took me multiple hours just to pick the 10 sliders. I'm gonna continue to practice just the sidebar until I can get it down to a few minutes. I'm also curious if anyone here has picked the full lock? I haven't seen any pick/gut videos yet even though the lock has been out for a few years.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:04 am

Sooo... any advice for those of us still struggling?
What tool do you use, to start with? It has to be small enough to poke the individual sliders but sturdy enough to work one out of a false gate...
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Patrick Star wrote:Sooo... any advice for those of us still struggling?
What tool do you use, to start with? It has to be small enough to poke the individual sliders but sturdy enough to work one out of a false gate...

Here is a picture of the tool I used. It's made out of .017". Before that I used one made out of .025", but the .025" thickness is higher than the lowest depth, so if you pass any low cuts you would need to press them down again. The .017" tool can just barely make it under a low cut and it's just strong enough to handle a heavily binding slider. To tell what slider I'm working, I feel the tip of the flag enter each chamber. I then pull back to work on odd number sliders or push to work on even number.

When the pick is under a slider, I try to keep a mental note of the angle of my picks handle. That way I can determine which of the 5 depths it is and if it needs resetting I can come back to it with a better idea of where to set it.

I'm not certain that this makes it easier, but I've been trying to first set sliders 1 and 2, and 8 and 10. This way the sidebar presses evenly into the plug. The binding order on my lock allows for this but it might not on others.

I can test for jiggle if the sliders are in the true gates. This is only really effective on the first 4 because it's difficult to see any further. Because tolerances are so tight many times I have to press them up, and then reinsert my pick to press them down. They don't move freely like on a Desmo because each slider rubs against it's brother. I do sometimes use a fiber light and keep the lock tensioned with rubberbands on the prybar when jiggle testing. If you get both sliders in a chamber in a correct gate they will both move up and down together within their true gates.

That's about all I have at this point. I have a couple more DP's coming in a week or so.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Is that fourth pin from the right a master finger pin? Looks like it has two gates.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:02 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Is that fourth pin from the right a master finger pin? Looks like it has two gates.

Gordon

I believe that's what it is. I was getting different feedback from that one, and when I took this picture I saw why. Previously I didn't know it had two gates.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking