FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Very first lock picked?

<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Re: Very first lock picked?

a master #3, I was excited with the fact I had gotten into somthing that was sopposed to keep me out.
Matt's youtube account ---> http://youtube.com/j0siah7

"gives you wiiings"
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:12 pm

ya I know what you mean, when I get a new lock I have to go hame and start working on as soon as I can.

"gives you wiiings"
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:16 am

Medeco M3 for me ;)

nah it was really a tri-circle 263, i went at it like a crazy mo fo with a snake rake and it opned so from that day on i was addicted.

Lew
<<

Houndour

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:27 am

It was a Zennith (Generic brand) 4 pins. I breath on this lock now and it opens. Im so ashamed.
Click banner for...
1) the Meaning of Life
2) Hot bikini models oiled up &
3) LockPicking vids (1 & 2 may not be accurate)
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am

A Wafer lock setup with 1 wafer. Then I moved up to two, three, then four, and then five, and then six. That's what Foley-Belsaw starts you on. It helps to teach you how to work the insides of a lock and install the wafers, and it also teaches you how to work the lock from the bottom up. So glad I learned that way, else I'd have a few more broken picks to my name. :P
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:07 am

my first lock was a brinks... it was easy to open with paperclips since it had a bitting going 9988. with that bitting i was able just to bypass the spools :)
and then after that i picked a #3 i believe... its been so long i cant remember ;)
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:50 pm

usmcboltaction wrote:My first lock was the door to the S.O.T.G. building that I was learning R&S in on Stone Bay, Camp Lejeune, NC.

I was the only one in the class to get it on the first day. I believe it was a kwikset. I did it with picks that we had to make out of stuff we carried in our normal operational gear.

haha what else did you guys learn in those classes?
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Josh wrote:
usmcboltaction wrote:My first lock was the door to the S.O.T.G. building that I was learning R&S in on Stone Bay, Camp Lejeune, NC.

I was the only one in the class to get it on the first day. I believe it was a kwikset. I did it with picks that we had to make out of stuff we carried in our normal operational gear.

How to kill with a ballpoint pen?
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 pm

m0ose wrote:
Josh wrote:

lol :D

"gives you wiiings"
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:16 pm

m0ose wrote:
Josh wrote:

haha reminds me of the time my 3rd grade teacher taught us how to kill someone with the palm of our hand... :D
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:12 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote:Moose - after reading your post about Foley-Belsaw, I searched on them. VERY cool AND they have a gunsmithing course - another one of my interests!!!!! Thanks for posting that info cause now it has me thinking of trying both out. :-) Neato!

Hehe, no problem. The Locksmith course is very great. Once I finish they are sending me a pick gun.

Basically, what Foley-Belsaw does is, when you signup for info, they send you the plain info. Then, if you don't respond, they send you a deal of like $50 off. Then if you keep waiting, they will send you like $100 off. Then, if you still don't respond, they will send you a $100 off deal and a free pick gun upon completion. :P

At least that's what they did for me. :P It's pretty badass. :D

Dunno if they do the same for any of their other courses though. Or if they even have different deals anymore, but if the offer they send you sucks, just wait. :P
<<

aarpazthelockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:00 am

The first lock i picked was a brinks security box. (4 wafers)
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:09 pm

The first lock i managed to pick was an Aldridge 50mm six pin padlock ,
took me 25 minutes and i nearly did a lap of honour !
I still find the larger locks easier to pop on the whole .
Just remembered , i "picked" a cheap chinese master copy using a locker key that was like a comb pick back in 1986 wish i still had that little key
it was cool !
Open Sez Me !
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:28 pm

My first was some cheap generic padlock on my bike. It was such a joy when I felt the tension wrench move and the lock clicked open! Must have opened that thing up a million times that weekend!
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:39 pm

The very first lock I picked was a few years ago. I was hanging out with my friend at his dad's lock shop, I don't know what kind of lock it was, it was on display mounted in a piece of door. I worked on it on and off all night and finally got it open. I didn't try picking another lock again till this year when I finally got around to making tools. It was a cheap lock on a drawer which opened easily. I immediately went to work on a master no.3, which took a few hours.
The Master No.3 was 3rd lock I picked, but I consider it to be my first since I don't remember the first, and the 2nd was too easy.
Next

Return to Lock Picking