FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Your Picks

<<

m0ose

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Your Picks

I'm curious as to what you all mainly use for your picking.

Here's two pictures of my current set. It was passed down from my Grandfather. The only pieces that I know for sure were added by someone else are two of the tension wrenches. The first being the long black one, and the second being the short silver one. The case is marked with H.P.C. INC. U.S.A.

If these are really H.P.C. picks, then I think this proves quality. A second use by a third generation? Maybe that's something to write home about.

Also, what is that red-handled tool? I figured it was a type of double sided tension wrench, but I'd like to know for sure. As that middle piece slides down, the distance between the two tips grows larger.

Click the images to see a Highres counterpart.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: Your Picks

i used my southord mpxs-62 for along time, but that was until i got my hpc picks... those are the ones i mainly use now...

the tension wrench that adjusts is mainly for varying keyways. i have seen it used for both autos and deadbolts.... not too may padlocks but it may fit... you probably know that... :D
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:29 pm

I pretty much just use lockpicktool.com stuff and home made tensoin wrenches from wiper inserts.
Matt's youtube account ---> http://youtube.com/j0siah7

"gives you wiiings"
<<

jonrb

Post Sun May 18, 2008 2:02 pm

I use mainly home made tools. Although I did buy a small like 20 piece southord set a while back, I find my homemade ones work better for me.
<<

Run4yourlife24x

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 19, 2008 12:48 pm

Theres most of my tools, i have some new stuff, but nothing special

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnfgvyX3js[/youtube]
<<

m0ose

Post Mon May 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Holy shit Run4yourlife! I'm so jealous! :P I'm getting some new picks, I'm like insanely excited. I'll give you guys some pictures or maybe a video when I get those. I'll give you more details as soon as they arrive and I get to use them. :D
<<

Run4yourlife24x

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Ive traded all of those un-laminated picks away to raventattoo, but im looking to buy some peterson picks in the future other than that i got mostly everything covered with standard picks.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 22, 2008 6:21 pm

whoa i though you died nate :!: :lol:
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Josh wrote:whoa i though you died nate :!: :lol:

haha, real nice
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:15 pm

i just havent talked to him in a long time...
<<

StabbyJoe

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 31, 2008 1:10 am

nice set, run!
Def. something to be proud of... How much did all that set you back?

I'm 100% homebrew and although it seemed cheaper in concept, it isn't :lol:
It might be if you own a grinder and/or dremel to begin with, but after you factor that in...
My pickset? I've done a lot of grinding and stuff from templates I collected (I'm confident I could do either a good shape or thinkness by eye, but not both on the same pick) and it turns out 10 of the picks I made were made from a template which had an incorrect aspect ratio because of the way it was posted... only after I'd made those 10 did I look at them properly and realised the problem. I had a good hook but it dropped out of my pocket in my dad's car. I also lost my best tension wrench that way along with a couple of other things... now I'm battling the fact that the way I transfer my templates is crap and the fact that I don't yet have my own grinder (bidding on some as I type this) and THEN I'll pump out 500 picks, keep 2 of them and call it a day =P

(those of you who read my intro post were warned - I bitch and moan a lot. for now it's about not having one thing, when I get it, it'll be about not having something else... if you need to tell me to shut up then do it - I won't know otherwise, lol)
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat May 31, 2008 11:05 am

m0ose wrote:I'm curious as to what you all mainly use for your picking.

Here's two pictures of my current set. It was passed down from my Grandfather. The only pieces that I know for sure were added by someone else are two of the tension wrenches. The first being the long black one, and the second being the short silver one. The case is marked with H.P.C. INC. U.S.A.

If these are really H.P.C. picks, then I think this proves quality. A second use by a third generation? Maybe that's something to write home about.

Also, what is that red-handled tool? I figured it was a type of double sided tension wrench, but I'd like to know for sure. As that middle piece slides down, the distance between the two tips grows larger.

Click the images to see a Highres counterpart.

You're right...the red tool is a tension tool. Slide the middle piece to open the jaws and fit in the top and bottom of a keyway. Good for tight keyways, like Yale padlocks, etc.
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:10 pm

it is alot to learn but it's worth it :) , you wouldn't believe how addictive it can get. some of the serious pickers on youtube end up spending hundreds on new locks. as you said it's like a crack addiction lol

Lew
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:23 pm

haha worse than a crack addiction... ;)
you dont see crack everywhere you go :)
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Josh wrote:haha worse than a crack addiction... ;)
you dont see crack everywhere you go :)

haha, true
Next

Return to Lock Picking