FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Finally Picked It!!

<<

Site Admin

Post Thu May 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Finally Picked It!!

well guys, tonight i have finally worked out a way to pick my brinks shrouded everytime. i've had this lock for ages now and i've never really had a good go at it, i'd pick it up, try and pick it for like a few minutes and if i couldnt do it i'd put it down for weeks but tonight i decided that i was going to pick it, so i sat down with it for a while and instead of tensioning it at the bottom of keyway as normal i tries it at the top, i got it to the false set straight away and worked my way through all the pins untill all but one was set, i was praying that the last pin i had to set would do it and sure anough it did, i was really happy i managed to do it because most brinks shoruded use spool pins but mine is loaded with spools and serrations on both driver and key pins making it very difficult to pick.

anyway stay tuned for the vid!!

Lew.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 08, 2008 7:53 pm

Re: Finally Picked It!!

congratulations :D
<<

safety0ff

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm

Lockylew wrote:because most brinks shoruded use spool pins but mine is loaded with spools and serrations on both driver and key pins making it very difficult to pick.

I think they ALL have:
- 4/5 Spoorated Driver pin
- 1/5 Anti Drill Driver pin
- 1/5 Anti Drill Key pin
- 4/5 Serrated Key pin

The anti drill being almost always the second pin, you can usually figure that out with a flashlight looking down the keyway (as it's a different color.)

I just lubed my shrouded today, so we'll see if that helps or makes it more difficult. ( I think it'll be easier.)

Top tension for the win!
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 10, 2008 8:27 am

yea I think putting tensoin at the top of the keyway is one of the best methods of opening that lock, it also works well on the american locks cause they have the same keyway.
Matt's youtube account ---> http://youtube.com/j0siah7

"gives you wiiings"
<<

93940joe

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 10, 2008 6:51 pm

thanks for the info lew. i actually jst got one in the mail today form raventattoo. ill try the method your using. i havnt gotten it picked so far.
<<

raventattoo

Post Mon May 12, 2008 2:16 am

yeah, ive got a great tool that ive been using in my 1105 vids. top of the keyway stuff, ill try out a brinks shrouded later on
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 12, 2008 11:19 am

Lockylew wrote:well guys, tonight i have finally worked out a way to pick my brinks shrouded everytime. i've had this lock for ages now and i've never really had a good go at it, i'd pick it up, try and pick it for like a few minutes and if i couldnt do it i'd put it down for weeks but tonight i decided that i was going to pick it, so i sat down with it for a while and instead of tensioning it at the bottom of keyway as normal i tries it at the top, i got it to the false set straight away and worked my way through all the pins untill all but one was set, i was praying that the last pin i had to set would do it and sure anough it did, i was really happy i managed to do it because most brinks shoruded use spool pins but mine is loaded with spools and serrations on both driver and key pins making it very difficult to pick.

Lew.

Congrats dude! Thats a nice accomplishment. But I gotta say, that was the longest sentence I think I've ever read! :lol:
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon May 12, 2008 12:19 pm

haha, my bad, must have been the excitment :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon May 12, 2008 2:30 pm

how about: :o
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 13, 2008 7:21 pm

you should hear my old American lit teacher's 1,000 word sentance.... hahahaha i wonder if i can email him and get him to type it up... :D
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon May 26, 2008 12:39 am

Lockylew wrote:well guys, tonight i have finally worked out a way to pick my brinks shrouded everytime. i've had this lock for ages now and i've never really had a good go at it, i'd pick it up, try and pick it for like a few minutes and if i couldnt do it i'd put it down for weeks but tonight i decided that i was going to pick it, so i sat down with it for a while and instead of tensioning it at the bottom of keyway as normal i tries it at the top, i got it to the false set straight away and worked my way through all the pins untill all but one was set, i was praying that the last pin i had to set would do it and sure anough it did, i was really happy i managed to do it because most brinks shoruded use spool pins but mine is loaded with spools and serrations on both driver and key pins making it very difficult to pick.

Lew.

Congrats...I'm jealous. I've been fighting my shrouded for almost a year now and I still can't get it. I have no trouble getting the false set - I can get it every time.

And I can pick almost all the pins - but I drop them when I try getting to
the 3rd pin from the bow. The problem seems to be the 2nd pin - which is a deep cut.

I used a key gauge and measured the first three cuts (starting at the bow), and they are 262. That is what's getting me. I can't get to the third pin without pushing up on that damn #6 cut....

I've tried every tool I have. I even used a Peterson DCAP hook to fiddle with it but nothing! :x :x

I got kids kicking sand in my face! :roll: I even slept in a Holiday Inn...no use. Didn't work.

I feel like a pencil-necked twerp.....Sheez!
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon May 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Romstar wrote:When you run into something like a 262 cut, you have to be ready to change picks while you are working.

Something that works here is a taller hook that you can slide under the deep pin, and lift the high one.

Once you feel it catch, pivot the hook back out, and slide in again with a smaller lifter or a diamond.

Romstar

Thanks Romstar...I'll keep that in mind and give it another shot....persistance will pay off eventually.
<<

m0ose

Post Mon May 26, 2008 7:58 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
Romstar wrote:When you run into something like a 262 cut, you have to be ready to change picks while you are working.

Something that works here is a taller hook that you can slide under the deep pin, and lift the high one.

Once you feel it catch, pivot the hook back out, and slide in again with a smaller lifter or a diamond.

Romstar

Thanks Romstar...I'll keep that in mind and give it another shot....persistance will pay off eventually.

Yes, yes it will. And yeah, as he said, a taller hook should sort you right out. Kinda hard to get used to since you don't always use them, but damn right they have a use. I've only had to use mine once, and even then, I didn't have to, but it was easier.

Return to Lock Picking