FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale Junior/Master 77

<<

m0ose

Post Fri May 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Yale Junior/Master 77

Click the images to see a Highres version.

The first lock is my green Yale Junior. You can clearly see it is marked with "Disc Tumbler" and other such markings. I'm not sure of it's true age, but it's a very cool lock.

The second lock in my Master 77. I am not sure of it's age, but I've heard conflicting stories. I've heard it was a high price lock to a collector, then I've heard it was junk, so who knows. On the reverse side it is marked with MasterLockCo. Milwaukee, Wis. MADE IN U.S.A. PATENTED. Then, underneath that, it has a code of 5283. Any information on this lock would be great. I've been wanting to make a key for it for a while. I've had no luck picking it, though I haven't tried in quite some time.
<<

j0siah7

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 10, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Yale Junior/Master 77

those look sweet, where did you get them?
Matt's youtube account ---> http://youtube.com/j0siah7

"gives you wiiings"
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 10, 2008 4:58 pm

ready for the key info on master 77? :lol:
here it is
<<

m0ose

Post Sat May 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Josh wrote:ready for the key info on master 77? :lol:
here it is

Lol, you the man. I got Instacode, but I can't seem to get results like that. Got any info for me? Like, Maybe a little bit of a guide to putting in info and such? I always get no match or some crap.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:29 pm

well the one that shows the picture of the cut key is genericode... i kinda like it better and its easier to use... instacode isnt too hard... you just need to type in the code and then make sure every box is set to "all" and then hit search.... and then find it on the list of results... but wont give the cut key image.... only genericode does...
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 11, 2008 12:26 am

hmmm... maybe i just set it up wrong... i will have to play around with it a little bit... :P
<<

m0ose

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:37 am

I have Genericode. Or whatnot. I got them both, but Instacode was the only one I actually worked. No clue why. So yeah, I think I may have figured out how to do it. :P I think I was trying to get too technical with Instacode.

Also, if, after I make this key, and it doesn't work. How would I go about drilling it to remove the back? Just drill out all 8 points and pull?
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sun May 11, 2008 10:51 am

well if the key doesnt work, you can always try impressioning it... ;)
<<

m0ose

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Josh wrote:well if the key doesnt work, you can always try impressioning it... ;)

Meh, at that point, I know it would be good experience, but I have a feeling that a couple of pins may be messed up. They don't feel quite right as I try and pick them. I'm afraid of ruining the lock though as it's one of my favorites, but I am curious. though, I will feel quite horrible if I drill it all out and it was just my incompetence and nothing mechanical.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:50 am

Well, finally, after all this time, I've got the Master 77. It was a simple matter of doing it right and turning the cylinder really really hard. I ended up using a screw driver. I'm uploading the video right now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stoecH0iQ3c[/youtube]
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:30 pm

awesome job, glad you got it in the end :)

Lew
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Moose: Ebay has 5 of these Master #77's for a Buy It Now Price of $49.99 -so I doubt they are that highly sought after. Break it down and they are worth about $10 ea.
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:52 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:Moose: Ebay has 5 of these Master #77's for a Buy It Now Price of $49.99 -so I doubt they are that highly sought after. Break it down and they are worth about $10 ea.

Yeah. I've been told quite a few different stories. I think I mentioned that I heard both sides of the spectrum back in the first post.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:31 pm

m0ose wrote:Well, finally, after all this time, I've got the Master 77. It was a simple matter of doing it right and turning the cylinder really really hard. I ended up using a screw driver.
congrats on finally popping it open :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Josh wrote:well the one that shows the picture of the cut key is genericode... i kinda like it better and its easier to use... instacode isnt too hard... you just need to type in the code and then make sure every box is set to "all" and then hit search.... and then find it on the list of results... but wont give the cut key image.... only genericode does...

i'll tell you whats wrong, can you see the button bottom right of the instacode screen that sais "show cut key"?

well you have to chose a biting and then click that.

Lew
Next

Return to Lock Picking