FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I messed up my assa twin again!!!!

<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 24, 2010 6:53 pm

I messed up my assa twin again!!!!

So I had a driver pin stuck in my assa twin, I had to drill it and tap it out. Ok so its fixed right. Well like an idiot i put it back together without the sidebar and turned it with the key. the driver pins are now stuck in the area where the sidebar should be. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: I messed up my assa twin again!!!!

I did something similar with a Medeco. I had placed smaller driver pins in it (I forget why) and when I turned the plug they fell into the sidebar cut-out in the plug. I remedied it by tapping it while trying to turn the plug, which I guess forced the drivers to bump up and out.

Are you able to access the driver pins from above? If so, just take them out from there.
Howdy!
<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:50 pm

I cant access the driver pins without drilling through the top. Iv tried the tapping method a little bit without success but i may try it some more now that i know that it has worked for you.
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Are the finger-pins in the lock? If not, you can probably fashion a tool out of some thin wire that goes up where the finger pins sit and pushes the driver pins up and out.

Edit: Oh, if the key is stuck in this probably wouldn't work since it would get in the way...
Howdy!
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon May 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Unless you get lucky and can rap on it to get it to turn once. I think you are stuck drilling from the top.

Good luck. Take it as a learning experience, sooner or later we all learn something the hard way.
<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm

I think I may just drill all the pin stacks and tap the top of each of the holes with some small allen set screws, that way it will be much easier to service in the future.

Return to Lock Picking