FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My new schlage...

<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am

Re: My new schlage...

If it false sets, then there are security pins. Regular pins will never give you a false set. On cheap locks it may appear as though you have a false set, when in reality there is just a lot of play in the lock, allowing it to turn slightly. But schlage has very low manufacturing tolerances so that is unlikely. For SPP'ing just remember the rule of binding order and pay attention to which pins set first. With enough practice you will able to tell the binding order and which pins are securities.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:12 pm

maybe you raked it easy due to level pinning.
have you tried taking it apart and having a look at the pins?
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:44 pm

i'm the same, i never ever take locks apart and repin stuff at home, stuff just goes absolutly everyware
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:49 pm

yeah it's not worth it, you could end up with a broken and useless lock at the end of it, just not worth the risk
<<

Run4yourlife24x

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:26 am

I agree with romstar, you dont need a whole lot to take apart a lock, just keep it organized and know where everything goes.
<<

ChipShuhart

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Romstar, the corrugated cardboard idea is a great tip. If your pins come flying out and you are woking on a hard countertop, good luck stopping a dozen pins and springs from rolling on the floor where they will be lost forever. Corrugated cardboard is also good for lining up pins and getting everything organized for re-assembly.

Return to Lock Picking