FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Current Two (Brinks/Ilco)

<<

m0ose

Post Tue May 06, 2008 10:39 am

My Current Two (Brinks/Ilco)

Note: Click the images to see Highres counterparts. Please do note though, the Highres images are 2MB in size and may not load correctly if my Host is having problems, or your internet is slower then DSL speeds.

These two locks are giving me hell. The first is a Brinks lock, it has a couple of spools, supposedly. I know it's tough, so I don't doubt it. The most I can do is get a false set, but from there, I just can't keep going. The closest I've ever come that I could guess was one pin away, but when I let off slightly to get the pin to go in, the whole lock reset.

The second lock is a big Ilco. I got it in an auction from Ebay and it's always given me trouble. I've yet to even get close to picking it. It's given me trouble to hell and back. :/ The markings on the bottom are as follows: KX03405. From that I'm guessing it's a 5 pin, though I'm not quite sure how Ilco does their codes.

On the Ilco, I was wondering. If that is the code for the keys, would there be a way to try and use that against the lock picking wise? Like, would I try to go for the highest numbered pin first, and then work my way down to 0, or what? Also, that is assuming that the numbers are actually refering to the individual pins. :P
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 10:42 am

Re: My Current Two (Brinks/Ilco)

awesome, my next video which i'm uploading tonight is me picking that brinks
<<

m0ose

Post Tue May 06, 2008 10:47 am

Haha, yay! Maybe you can show me hows it's done. :P I picked it up for like $5 at Walmart myself. That baby is a pain, however, it's the only lock that I've tried picking, that, when I fail, I haven't screamed at it. Or said mean things. For some reason it's like the one lock that I just can't be mad at. :P
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 4:03 pm

yeah you'll get it fo shoo, i won't put it up tonight because i'll re-shoot it in the week with a full explanation on how to pick it because myself and other members (one of them being awol) have had alot of questions about this lock so i'll try my best and hopefully help you out.

lew
<<

m0ose

Post Tue May 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Lockylew wrote:yeah you'll get it fo shoo, i won't put it up tonight because i'll re-shoot it in the week with a full explanation on how to pick it because myself and other members (one of them being awol) have had alot of questions about this lock so i'll try my best and hopefully help you out.

lew

Hehe, nice. I can't wait. I was trying to pick it today. I've run into problem after problem. It just never wants to go just right for me. Though, I did come close. I had a huge false set. Today though, I redid my double bitted cam lock. Did it real good too. :P
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 4:15 pm

that's the way :D
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:05 pm

it took me a year to get my brinks like that open consistently...
i have had it a year and just go it on video like a month ago... :roll:
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:26 pm

here is the info the ilco key
and there is a zip folder of the whole series....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:55 pm

instacode is flippin class
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:57 pm

yeah but i kinda like the way it displays the key on genericode better...
<<

m0ose

Post Wed May 07, 2008 6:24 am

Wow! That is insane! Thanks a ton!
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Wed May 07, 2008 5:59 pm

m0ose wrote:Wow! That is insane! Thanks a ton!

Your welcome :P
<<

m0ose

Post Fri May 09, 2008 11:14 am

Man this Brinks gives me hell. I think I may have figured out a little bit about picking securities. Since this is my first go at them, It's really a learning experience. I use my picks that my Grandfather used. Well, the case says they're H.P.C. Inc. but that could just be the case. :P But yeah, I've tried what I assume is a Short Hook, a snake rake, a half diamond, and then this tiny black thing. the tiny black thing is hard to hold, but when I used it, I got a false set almost as soon as it went into the lock.

My view of securities was give heavy tension then let off when you push the pin down. I don't know where I got that idea, but it seemed to have worked a little, or so I though. However, when I was just dicking around giving virtually no tension at all, when I used the little black thing, the first three pins just went right in and I about shatted myself. So I'm not sure, but I think heavy tension is for the birds on just about everything. :P
<<

m0ose

Post Fri May 09, 2008 1:40 pm

I got the Brinks today at like 2:50. :P I had been doing it since like 11:30 or so. I raked the back pins just screwing around with a little less then medium tension and I got a pretty gnarly false set. So I was like, "Nice!" so I check all the back pins and nothing. So I pulled out to the first pin and it was like, "WTF I'M NOT MOVING ONE BIT NUKKA!" So, I let off slowly giving preasure to the pin and then all of a sudden, "*POP* AH FUCK, YA GOT ME!" and I was so fucking happy! I couldn't believe my eyes. The damn thing turned like a charm!

I still haven't been able to replicate the happenings, but hey, I finally fucking got it!!!!!!!!

I got it with my small diamond pick and my awesome tension wrench. Thanks Grandpa! :P
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri May 09, 2008 6:05 pm

awesome job, now you gotto get it on vid ;)
Next

Return to Lock Picking