FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MY neighbor

<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm

MY neighbor

so apparently my wonderful mother decided to tell some neighbors that i can pick locks. at first i had my concerns as to what they would think and how they would react. turns out better then i thought. so i am sitting on the keypicking reading the latest post and i get a knock on the door, its one of my neighbors. she says she locked her self out of her house. i say ok. so i grab my two picking sets. one from southord and one from game (klom picks) and head over there. she informs me that the locksmith that came by a few weeks back used a chisels and a hammer on her side garage door? (really? a f**k'in chisels ) anyway so i say lets have a look at your front door instead (i don't you chisels lol) so anyway its a kwickset. i laugh and she is all upset and ask how long its going to take and i reply ( its already open). she turns her head and looks at the door and bam its open. and that is the story of how i help my neighbor. only question i have is it common practice to use a chisel and hammer to get into a house? why not just pick the door like i did. took maybe 2.4 seconds to open that lock. i don't know.
<<

bouncer965

Post Thu May 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: MY neighbor

Hahahahha nice one. But the lockie with the chisel may have been after an extra few quid for a new lock etc etc. Ive had a couple now from friends i know, and it feels so much more satisfying when its for a cause.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm

i just think that chisel shit is messed up. i mean y would u risk of destroying the door. he changed $150 (american) (although it was 2am) but still. i just know that the lock was way to easy to open to have to get a chisel out.
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:02 pm

It nice to be helpfull but remember the risks.

The biggest reason I won't touch anyones lock without signed permission is that more often than not they or there stupid kid screwed it up. Sometimes the lock gets screwed up sometime after the fact.

The thankfull friend sometimes turns in to an angry idiot blaming you for damage to the lock or the fact that they were later robbed. You know dam well that you did nothing wrong .... Will the police or judge understand that.

Neighbors talk...... word gets out that you are pretty handy with a pick and wrench.

My concern is based on what has happened to a number of helpfull pickers. Maybe it only happens occasionally (1 out of a 100) but for the people wrongly accused its 100%.

On one of the sites (lockpicking101.com) there was a story told about a nasty practical joke. A teen picker was kind and opened someones lock for them. They even were given $20 as a reward.

Later that week the kids brother who was also a very good picker, picked that neighbors door and rearranged a few things, nothing was stolen. Never the less the poor guy looked good for a crime he never commited. The brother finally confessed and the thing blew over.
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:08 pm

thanks for the info abroxis but my concern here is really the use of said chisel.
<<

bouncer965

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Thedonofdeath wrote:thanks for the info abroxis but my concern here is really the use of said chisel.

You sure she rang the right number and didnt call the carpenter and not the lockie :freakout:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:35 pm

lol i am pretty sure she called a locksmith lol. i mean if it was a shevits tool it would be one thing but a chisel i don't know. crazyness
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:55 pm

We have a lot of scammeers who claim to be locksmiths. They will quote rediculously low prices to land the job, and when they arrive they tell the customer that either the lock is high security and has to be destroyed to open, or that the locks are broken and need to be replaced.

Like a LOT of (non-locksmith) technicians, many of them couldn't even tell which end of the pick does the work.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 pm

In Idaho a friend of mine lives in a sub division, in Idaho as well as all over now, there is a large number of forclosures due to the economy, he called me one day and said this guy pulled up in front of the house across from his, grabbed a drill and headed for the door, he didn't try any other method, he just drilled the crap out of the deadbolt and the knob. I think it's funny, these guys bid these jobs and they have no skills, it's all about money. I wouldn't worry too much about being accused of breaking into someones house just because you can pick locks, they have to prove it was you, just owning picks don't make you guilty. From now on though, have your neighbors sign liability waivers, not that anything bad is going to happen or anything, it just proves more that your responsible, if a house comes up burglarized, show the cops all your waiver copys, and tell them you don't pick any locks unless the owner signs consent, this makes you look more legit. Just my two cents.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 pm

magician59 wrote:We have a lot of scammeers who claim to be locksmiths. They will quote rediculously low prices to land the job, and when they arrive they tell the customer that either the lock is high security and has to be destroyed to open, or that the locks are broken and need to be replaced.

Like a LOT of (non-locksmith) technicians, many of them couldn't even tell which end of the pick does the work.

+1

the lockpickkid wrote:grabbed a drill and headed for the door, he didn't try any other method, he just drilled the crap out of the deadbolt and the knob.
And that is what we usually see. They must have found a "smart" scammer that knew how to use a chisel!
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 07, 2010 1:05 am

lockpickkid, hey man. u make some really good points. do you think you or someone else from this forum could maybe make or send me something that i could print out and use as a wavier. i am not very legally inclined and being that there is a lot of REAL locksmiths here could anyone help me out with that? if you don't want to post it on the forum for personal reasons that is fine, you can always pm me. thanks in advanced
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri May 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Some locksmiths make there own waivers, I myself buy them from awdirect.com they seem to be legally proven and have carbon copies, not very expensive and easy to fill out.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Lock Picking