FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Getting a hold of those hard to get picks

<<

game

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Getting a hold of those hard to get picks

I'm trying to get a buch of different picks to see wich ones I'll like best also I love havin diferent tools call me wierd :D . I have been able to get the easier ones Southord, Klom, Goso (glad my friend bought a set), Lockpicktools.com, Shalon, Dino. But i've got a few questions since i'm a hobiest and not a profesional, yet I hope, I can't really get individual Petersons or HPCs and also as far as Rytans go do I really just have to fax in that order form or is there more that I am missing.

Thanks in advance,
game
<<

usmcboltaction

Funny Guy/Bouncer

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Getting a hold of those hard to get picks

Why can't you get Petersons? I think my last order was just 3 picks.
<<

game

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:22 pm

I can get petersons plural in a set of about 5 or so but until i actually get some hours that would wipe my budget but i might have to get those i was kinda just lookin for a short hook or an offset half diamond
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm

I highly recommend HPC picks, I know you can get them individually here:

http://www.lockpickersmall.com/lp/ind-pks.html

The stainless steel ones are not bad, the originals don't seem to be listed here, there a black coated type of spring steel, what some people call HPC steel. They are very durable, nice feel and great feedback, something that you will notice is how much longer they last versus Southord. I have some Peterson picks as well, as mentioned above they now have some small sets, I think for around 25 dollars but I haven't looked in awhile. Peterson lasts a long time, have a great feel, also very good picks.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 pm

thay sell single picks on there web site http://www.peterson-international.com/picks.html
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

game

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:11 pm

yea they sell those but on there site they need a number of some profesional thing (technical term right there) that i don't have or is that not required
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:13 pm

No, Ken Peterson supports hobby pickers, they don't require you to have any license stuff, just place an order, it will work, if not, call them, chances are Ken himself will be available to talk to, ask him.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

usmcboltaction

Funny Guy/Bouncer

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I am far from pro. I just ordered them.
<<

game

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm

That just made my day guys thanks for the info guys
<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 am

I think you will like the HPC range.

Lockpickkid is correct in his remarks about their product. His opinion is certainly valid.

I curently use HPC and some Southord slimline. I have used HPC for many years. They are sturdy, reliable and handle very well.

If you have trouble getting HPC, drop me a PM. I may be able to point you in the right direction
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 am

It's all personal preference really, Peterson for sure makes a pick with better material, Government Steel is pretty hard to beat. I just like the HPC they work and there durable. I get heavy handed at times on some spools, and HPC will belly out on you after a long use, the pick shaft will start to sag and the pick eventually becomes undesirable to use or gets weak and could break. Some people say that there picks have lasted forever, I think Petersons probably would, but I know that with alot of use you can wear HPC out, but we are not talking wear out in Southord time, they will outlast Southord a million times over, HPC is a great value to me and has a great selection in picks they are useable right out of the mailbox.
<<

usmcboltaction

Funny Guy/Bouncer

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 pm

I can be very heavy handed, and my Petersons have showed no signs of use yet. They are a lil more expensive, so I don't think I would ever get the whole set, but my short hook, my half diamond and my hooked half diamond (the three I use the most) are Peterson spring steel and well worth the cost in my opinion.
<<

game

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks for all the input guys I'm feeling much better about spending as much as I plan to if I would have spent this on my first pick set over three years ago I would have probably have gone in the poor house. I will be buying my petersons as soon as I do some debt collecting and it gets put in my account so probably some time this weekend. My goal is to get a few of every set and do a massive comarison video so watch for that.
Thanks,
game

Return to Lock Picking