FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

YALE RIM cylinder picked and gutted

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:34 pm

YALE RIM cylinder picked and gutted

a great fun pick!

yale allgutted.JPG

picked and gutted out

pins w key.JPG

notice the balanced drivers,and if you look closely you can see the tops of the keypins are chamfered,like a barrel pin

YALE SUPERPINS.JPG

super-duper spooly-shroomish conical drivers....i(i am pretty good when it comes to pin nomenclature,but the name of these escapes me...)
any one know the true name ?

a link to the video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75Vqy9f ... r_embedded

AttN. MODS i did post a pic of the pins in the
"photos of security pins" thread,not meaning to double post,but felt it to be appropriate in this case.
if i am out of line just let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: YALE RIM cylinder picked and gutted

Yeah, those are some crazy spools. The same pins are in the yale I got from Kokomo. I don't know whether to call them sprushrooms or mushools though!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:22 pm

elbowmacaroni wrote:Yeah, those are some crazy spools. The same pins are in the yale I got from Kokomo. I don't know whether to call them sprushrooms or mushools though!

yeah i was thinking the exact same thing....=p have a look next time you have yours opened up and see if your keypins are like mine,with the lil' ledge just below shear?
wondering if yours is the same...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:01 pm

yeah, they are... I guess i should have been more clear, since the focus of my post was on the sprooms or mools as it were... I'd actually meant that both sets of pins were the same, the chamfered keypins, the crazy spoolrooms, and the fact that they were balanced drivers. It was one of the first locks he sent me I got open, and when I disassembled it, I was shocked that I'd gotten it open as quickly as I did! The false on it is weird too probably due to it catching on different sections of the "cone" part of the spools. I got false sets at all kinds of different positions, which really tweaked my head at first.

Oh, and since this post is a breakdown of the whole lock and not just the pins, I think the quasi-cross posting is okay. The other post was just the pins and both posts are relevant to their respective forums.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm

I had an old Yale padlock that has these crazy spools in them, it really makes a difference in picking, there among the hardest things to pick I have seen, they got a real weird feel to them.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 am

Very cool pins. Yale seem to use those chamfered key pins a lot, I don't see why... surely they make the lock easier to pick?

Return to Lock Picking