FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Open any padlock in seconds?

<<

cowbite

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Open any padlock in seconds?

Lol.
Check out this Ad.
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscou ... ock-picks/

This might be old news or it might just be Rai cashing in a bit ;)

Cow
MCSE: Security | CompTIA: Security
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: Open any padlock in seconds?

It doesn't say any, it says a. I wonder how effective these picks really are, everybody is makins a big fuss over them. I like his work and he is a good pick maker though I can't see why these would be more effective than a regular bogata.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks for the post , but i aint even going to look !
the only locks that open in seconds is by someone who know's what there doing with experiance, unless of course its a master number 3,5 and you have a rake at hand :)
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Exactly, those Masters may mostly open in seconds, but you take most Lockwoods, or some Americans, and maybe some Best padlocks, if they count, they just don't open in seconds normally, I don't care how good you are. Thats my opinion.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:It doesn't say any, it says a. I wonder how effective these picks really are, everybody is makins a big fuss over them. I like his work and he is a good pick maker though I can't see why these would be more effective than a regular bogata.

They are the regular bogotas... that's Rai's set and he came up with them. They are quite comfortable to use, and they work on the brinks brass padlocks (the ones with the spools.) After I first got my bogota pair from Rai, I liked the way they felt using them so much I made a bunch of regular picks in that format.... that was not a good idea though. It's too flexy a design for regular picks. I'd say if you were doing residential lockouts, it could get you in really fast on *most^ typical home locks (you know the usualy junk locks most people have on thier doors, kwikset, weiser and their ilk,) maybe too fast though. I mean you want to spend a little time so that the person feels they are getting some value for the dough they're forking over...
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 am

Rai's Bogotas work fast. Old trick of the trade was to distress your Pick case(looks well worn) and change tools a couple of times in front of customer. Otherwise customer thinks lock is easy to defeat and you will be installing a new lock. You will never get credit for your talent.
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 am

you may not get credit for your talent but brand new higher security locks on all the exterior doors is a nice job. I have seen it happen with the locksmith i work with he beat a kwikset in seconds and the lady was like i dont like how easy that was do you mind installing some better locks. so it does pay off sometimes. get called for a lockout and end up making double or triple the money.
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I agree with you. If you can upgrade the security, do it. Besides, we all know the guy on T.V. can do it faster. Junk locks are of no value, to anyone.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 pm

I disagree, but don't let me piss you off, thats not my intention. Jailersmith, we both live in what alot of people would call rural to a point, we don't really have that many home invasions, we get a few break ins and thats about the extent of it. I have seen a few doors kicked in for some burglarys and no lock would have really helped in that instance. I believe Kwiksets are not that bad of locks, but they are certainly not the best. They do pick easily but I would never convince some woman to upgrade her locks to high security just to make a buck and a promise you can't keep about her safety. My point is, some locks work in certain areas better than others, for our immediate area, a Kwikset works fine no matter what the pickability of them is. Thats just me.
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:01 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:I disagree, but don't let me piss you off, thats not my intention. Jailersmith, we both live in what alot of people would call rural to a point, we don't really have that many home invasions, we get a few break ins and thats about the extent of it. I have seen a few doors kicked in for some burglarys and no lock would have really helped in that instance. I believe Kwiksets are not that bad of locks, but they are certainly not the best. They do pick easily but I would never convince some woman to upgrade her locks to high security just to make a buck and a promise you can't keep about her safety. My point is, some locks work in certain areas better than others, for our immediate area, a Kwikset works fine no matter what the pickability of them is. Thats just me.

And then there's also the fact if someone really wants to get into your property they will.................and you could have the top of the range lock on your door, but thats not the main access points used by burglars whether on private homes or commercial premises.

Where there is a will, there is a way!!!!
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm

trust me he didnt push anything on her she was just disgusted at how easy it was. She asked for the locks and he said ok i dont remeber what they were but they werent medeco's or anything. She just upgraded from a kwickset. So it wasnt like he was selling a 200.00 lock
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:42 pm

ChicoSlim803 wrote:trust me he didnt push anything on her she was just disgusted at how easy it was. She asked for the locks and he said ok i dont remeber what they were but they werent medeco's or anything. She just upgraded from a kwickset. So it wasnt like he was selling a 200.00 lock

Yeah, I know, we got some guys around here really ripping people off, they are as bad as the scammers, only they have a storefront with a big locksmith sign. No problem in upgrading somebody at all, just some people are sporting high security on there house now, for no real reason at all!
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 am

No offense, but I'd have to see one these things open a brinks brass padlock in seconds. I have two of those suckers and they have been a thorn in my side for months now. I cant see them working any better than a regular bogata. Maybe they do though. Like I said I mean no offense. I am just sceptical. I am very intrigued though about the fact that you can get them in titanium. How's the feedback? Never had a titanium pick before. Bogata's can take a beating depending on how they're made and how much you use them. But at 40 bucks a pair I dont have the money to test the waters. So if anyone on here can attest to the strength of them I'd like to hear about it. The titanium version of course. Elbow since you have a pair I'll be talking to you about them soon.
Oh and as far as opening things to fast. I am not a locksmith. I know a few and have worked for some. What they do to not freak the customer out, spend a little time working on the lock. Wheather it is needed or not. They think they got their moneys worth, and feel safe. You surely dont want to freak them out and have them believe that someone can rake their door and be inside their house in seconds. Besides, most criminals arent going to be picking locks anyway. They're just gonna throw a brick through the window. Like I said, I'm not a locksmith. That's just what I hear is done around here.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:35 pm

I did not read every post, sorry but I figured I woud bring some clerity to the situation...

THOSE ARE RAIMUNDOS PICKS. the owner of serepick is matt fiddler and he ordered a ton of picks from rai...

he sels to gov officials only but has some cools stuff, i have everything the man sells on his site and me and him talk on a semi regular basis and I have helped design some of the tools he will be selling, I am even still testing (abusing) some of his stuff... I should check in and see what hes coming up with now.

for instance... he sells kevlar cord http://serepick.com/?page_id=69 and i got some to test... i told him he should replace the cords inside 550 cord with the kevlar cord, so now we have cord that hods over 900lbs the same size as 550, then he made it into a bracelet which looks cool and conceals one of his pastic handcuff keys...

these will be for sale soon but not yet...

his stuff is really good :)
serecord-bracelet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:54 am

braclet with handcuff key that is freaking sweet

Return to Lock Picking