FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Master 140

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Master 140

So I deceided to break out a master 140 that I've had for a while now. I can rake it open with a bogata sometimes. But I Still cant SPP it. I can drop it into false set. After that I get NO counter roation with any of the pins. I can't figure out why. I'm stuck and dont know what to do. This is the problem I had with this thing a long time ago. That's why I put it away to begin with. Any suggestions? I'm feeling better and I'm gonna stick with this pain in the ass until I can SPP it.
Thanks guys :mrgreen:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Re: Master 140

Some of these don't give much counter rotation, might be that the spools are shallow?? Tap on the pins that give you a hard feel while providing either a light tension, or a varied tension, up and down while touching them. See what happens.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Master 140

I have picked a 140 before and as you know I'm still fairly new to picking. I remember the 140 having one spool only not to say they all only have one spool. If you go to false set you are binding on a spool. It could be any of the other pins or the last pin you tried to set. When you set the spool you'll return to 12 o'clock or bind on another spool. If you don't get any ccw turning the of the plug there will be a pin that will be extremely hard to set. There will be absolutely no springy feeling to this pin.

Please everyone, if I am wrong on any of this don't hesitate to jump in here as I need to learn also.

Return to Lock Picking