FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Antique NCR register locks (Circa 1903)

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:06 am

Antique NCR register locks (Circa 1903)

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm not worried about the drawers as I was able to remove the back panel and can manually work the drawer override levers. What I'm trying to get into are the other locks, like the keyboard cover lock, the counter reset locks, etc.. I'm planning on restoring it and need to get into the linkages as there are jammed or possibly corroded parts inside. By the keys the appear to be lever locks. They are flat keys some with a throat cut, some without, then various cuts near the tip of the key.

We inherited this register a few years ago. On the bottom of the top drawer it even has a sticker that says who it was originally made for and the sales rep who sold it to them! Kinda cool... Found some interesting family stuff in the drawers too. But right now this 5ton beast (ok that's hyberbole, but it's easily a couple hundred pounds with the base on it) is just sitting in the garage, and that's just sad. It's a piece of family history and possibly the register from the original Burdines store (a big dept store in FL until it was bought out by Macy's a couple years ago when they went around pissing off the country by buying up all the regional favorites) in Batrow, FL. I know the safe was from the original Burdines, but my Father in law has that now. lots of cool family stuff was in that too, but we had to have a lockie out to open that as the combo wheel was siezed.

So basically all the keys but #5 as that's the back panel key and as I said, that's open...

Any tip/suggestions?

Thanks!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:57 am

Re: Antique NCR register locks (Circa 1903)

Wish I could help - but have you tried this cash register collector forum?

http://www.crcci.org/crcc2/index.php
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 pm

I may have years ago... but it's just been sitting there languishing for a long time. I forgot where all I looked back then, and since my taking up of this new hobby, got me interested again in it as part of what was stopping me was the locks on the different cover plates. Just figured I'd ask, you never know what people have run across until ya ask.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. They should probably be able to at the very least steer me in the right direction.

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:22 pm

hay man can you poast a pic of this baby
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Ok, due to it's current location and surrounding items, I could only get a pic of the back of it, and I took one of the removed backplate. Sorry about the vignetting, I forgot to remove the UV filter before putting on the ringlight. Well, and the exposure is screwed too, I'm almost embarrased to post these, but here it goes...

Return to Lock Picking