FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The Club Aluminx Padlock

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 pm

The Club Aluminx Padlock

So, does anyone have any experience with these? I think the core is an American, but I'm not absolutely certain. With the combination of the keyway, and the design of the core/latch mechanism, and looking through the American service manual sure it seems to be. Weirdly, I could not find them on "The Club's" website http://www.theclub.com which is on the packaging no less. So the manufacturer isn't claiming them publicly anymore... dunno what that means. Perhaps that aluminum is a crappy lock body for a padlock?

Can anyone verify this? Also which series would it be equivalent to or how would I determine which? As a number of the various American series seems to use the same internal latching mechanism. Other than the fact the lock body is Aluminum it seems like a pretty decent lock. It is only 5pin, but it's definitely got sec pins as I SPP it to a very clear false set pretty quick, but I've yet to fully pick one (I got 4 of them yesterday) and uses ball bearings for the latch. so, it's kind of a shame that the body is so light and wimpy.

Maybe I'll get some pics up in the next few days. I'm probably doing a Christmas shoot of our daughter, I'll have all my strobes and fun stuff set up anyway. We'll see... in the mean time, here's a link to someone selling them: http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2609216

Thanks
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: The Club Aluminx Padlock

Probably made by Master - using an American core (basically the same), with The Club's name on the padlock body.

If you have one - gut it and look at the pins. More than likely just serrated and hybrid driver spools.
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:28 pm

i think it is made by Federal a copy of the model 90A this is a alloy body
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:05 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:Probably made by Master - using an American core (basically the same), with The Club's name on the padlock body.

If you have one - gut it and look at the pins. More than likely just serrated and hybrid driver spools.

Cool, thanks! I'll gut the core after I pick it... wanna get my fix first (woohoo)

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:12 am

HallisChalmers wrote:Probably made by Master - using an American core (basically the same), with The Club's name on the padlock body.

Im thinking mushrooms for security power :!:
Nearly got my hands on some of these , just need to twist the owners arms a little .

How we getting on ! have we gutted it yet >>>>/????
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Nah, I jsut got 'em the other day, haven't put alot of time into them yet. So far, I'm just getting to a very clear false set then it's like the lock goes dead... no feedback, no plug pushing back, nothing... and I'm barely even touching the wrench, and I mean it's more resting on my finger to not fall out than having any pressure applied to it. I'm sure I'm just missing it and it's just super secret extra double subtle.

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 pm

I had a couple of these "club" brand padlocks, they had Master cylinders in them, and picked like them also. I can't remember what they had in them but they were not that hard to get open.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:57 pm

LPK, you got me thinking, so I looked at the Master service manual. But the keyway doesn't match any in that document, not even close (was definitely worth looking though.) It does however look dead on for the American APTKB1 or APTKB2 which in the American service manual seem to be listed as the same keyway, but two different IDs? I suppose master could be copying the warding on the American keyways and not putting it in their service manual, which honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks though... I really gotta take some pics... that would probably make it easier for you guys to tell my stupid ass what it really is.

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:26 am

That very well could be. American and Master are the same company now. So they have alot of the same type of locks, with some different parts.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 am

Usually, if the lock has this type of hardware to retain the cylinder and plug - it's an American/Master.
Amer_1105_Hdw.jpg

If you buy a pinning kit, the use the same pins, except that Master and American use a different numbering system for their key pins (driver pins are all the same length).

Remember that: Driver pins are all the same height - key pins are numbered differently.

Am = Master
1 = 0
2 = 1
3 = 2
4 = 3
5 = 4
6 = 5
7 = 6
8 = 7

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

reaveyo

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 am

Great article, well written.

I am the MD of text-lock and we are soon launching our new product text-padlock, which is a padlock which can be operated remotely by mobile phone, leaving an electronic signature of anyone using or requesting access. Please see http://www.text-lock.com/text-lock_GSM_SMS_padlock.html for more details on the product.

I welcome your opinions on this and would be fascinated to see your views in this blog.

If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact me info@text-lock.co.uk

Oliver
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:That very well could be. American and Master are the same company now. So they have alot of the same type of locks, with some different parts.

Didn't know that... see you're educating my stupid ass already :)

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:33 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:Usually, if the lock has this type of hardware to retain the cylinder and plug - it's an American/Master.
Amer_1105_Hdw.jpg

If you buy a pinning kit, the use the same pins, except that Master and American use a different numbering system for their key pins (driver pins are all the same length).

Remember that: Driver pins are all the same height - key pins are numbered differently.

Am = Master
1 = 0
2 = 1
3 = 2
4 = 3
5 = 4
6 = 5
7 = 6
8 = 7

Thank you sir! All good info :)

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 pm

HC I wouldnt lable that trap door hardware to just master and American...

Abus and tons of cheapie no names use it... many many square padlocks use it...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:31 am

Ok, I finally got it open... However, I think I may have had it fully picked before and didn't realize it, it took a damn lot of force to turn the plug once picked. I didn't expect that due to how easily it slipped to 1 'oclock on the false set. I guess a gutting is forthcoming but I don't know about this week as it's gonna be a crazy one for sure!

Thanks for all the info guys!

Next

Return to Lock Picking