FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

KABA.......Kara peaks?

<<

Jimmy-slim-smith

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

KABA.......Kara peaks?

Does anyone no more about these locks, I got one from another locksmith,, and I really have not had the chance to check them out beside this one i have, seem to be a sfic, in a best body padlock, the keyway protrudes out a llittle, witch is kinda odd, the keyway is wicked, becuase its build like a best core i tryed all the best blanks out there and none fit, is this a restricted keyway.? I did pick it open once,,took about an hour,, it was tough,, but fun, dont get tp play with locks i am not familure with too much,,
no shop near me sells these locks,, and i have yet to ask but some reason i am doubting the wholesellers stock them... are they of the higher security,,? its pickable with standord techneques,,,but are there any other fetures that lock the lock beside the pins,, ? it was almost a fluke i picked it,, after trying for 30 min.....full consontration,,,,,,,i sat there and tryed with out looking at it,, tryed it only by feel,,,,eyes closed,,mind inside the lock,,,,,,and shit,,,popped right open,,,
this is it

anyone know anything about these guys,

oh...and i am done with it if anyone want a wack at her
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: KABA.......Kara peaks?

Hey jimmy. Yes, it is a restricted keyway... and a very distinctive one at that! The profile on yours looks different though, but it could just be the pic.

Good job getting it picked, they're very tough. They're standard 7 pin locks; the reason they're so tough to pick is down to tight tolerances and the type of pins they use. There are breakdown photos of the one kokomolock sent to awol over on lp101 but their search feature sucks so I can't seem to find it.

From what I remember though, they have at least one spooled key pin and a variety of drivers. I'll have a proper look to see if I can find those photos.

If you're in europe, I'll take it off your hands for sure.

EDIT:

Here's that link I was looking for. Hopefully this should give you the info you need. :)
<<

aarpazthelockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:44 pm

i have 1 blind picked it in under a min
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:14 pm

aarpazthelockpicker wrote:i have 1 blind picked it in under a min

For real? I didn't see that one in your youtube videos anywhere, how come you never got it on cam? The fastest time I've seen was around 5 mins - and that was awol. If I read your sentence right, you still have it... so could you get that on cam for us?
<<

aarpazthelockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 pm

ya i will try, i got it to the control line. vid up asap got school work and hockey :)
<<

Jimmy-slim-smith

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey thanks for the reply, Appreciate that, I figures it might b restricted keyway, All the books i have around metion KABA but when it come to showing a picture of it all it shows is many diffrent dimple locks, So the operation of pulling the core from the lock is done by a controll key? Like BEST locks, ? It must be becuase after i picked it its habbit to look down the shackle hole and I did not see a retainer screw
Sorry man I am in the states,,, Oregon,, USA,

Thanks for the help,

I have not made a video in over a year and a half,, thinking about making one of this lock, I telling ya,, it was tough, didnt give me nothing made me work for it ,lol.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Jimmy-slim-smith wrote:So the operation of pulling the core from the lock is done by a controll key? Like BEST locks, ?

You got it. They are now actually branded as BEST locks. http://www.bestaccess.com/products/keystone-600N5-software/peaks-patented.asp

Return to Lock Picking