FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock Collections

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Lock Collections

Jinglesanator wrote:I keep forgeting things today! (LOL)

I had a hard choice on which lock to spend my lawnmowing on, a brinks shrouded, or the disk lock! How many security pins are in a brinks shrouded max security?

Also, (remembered) :o is the disk lock only max security b/c of the short shackle and the "armored" part? I noticed that it only had the M1 pin tumbler for the pins.

This is the longest effin post I've ever posted! :mrgreen: (LOL) :mrgreen:

If you are going to spend your hard-earned money, get the Brinks shielded. It has a shit load of serrated pins. I've had mine for ages and still can't pick it!

The disc is not that hard to pick - it has some spools but it's not that difficult. You can jiggle and rake it pretty easily.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Lockylew wrote:It's all coming out now isn't it

...she said gleefully after the sailor was through....

Sorry, I can't help myself...he said, lighting up a cigarrette...

(Off Topic) (Off Topic) (Off Topic)
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:25 pm

I had a hard choice on which lock to spend my lawnmowing on, a brinks shrouded, or the disk lock! How many security pins are in a brinks shrouded max security?

Also, (remembered) :o is the disk lock only max security b/c of the short shackle and the "armored" part? I noticed that it only had the M1 pin tumbler for the pins.

depending on the bitting..(short keypins carry no serrations)
the brinks maxsec shrouded has 6 serrated drivers,(generally one regular,the first pin.)
and 6 serrated key pins.
and which disc were you asking about?
if the brinks, it has 4 spools,1 regular..(usually.)
here is how you attack the shroudeds =)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MaMDszYVMrs

(in detail) and yes...by all means get the shrouded!
you will learn a lot more, AND get an incredible amount of satisfaction when you succeed in picking it.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:37 pm

awol70 wrote:

depending on the bitting..(short keypins carry no serrations)
the brinks maxsec shrouded has 6 serrated drivers,(generally one regular,the first pin.)
and 6 serrated key pins.
and which disc were you asking about?
if the brinks, it has 4 spools,1 regular..(usually.)
here is how you attack the shroudeds =)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MaMDszYVMrs

(in detail) and yes...by all means get the shrouded!
you will learn a lot more, AND get an incredible amount of satisfaction when you succeed in picking it.

Fuck! I already bought the disk, but oh well! Good thing I saved 2 summers straight! My local walmart really upgraded b/c they are replacing it with a super one. They now have every brinks you can think of! Baggage, disk, regular, shrouded... Thanks wiz!

Btw, you were completely right about the glue in the shrink wrap, I need to buy me some superglue! :mrgreen: You da man!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:10 pm

Jinglesanator wrote:Btw, you were completely right about the glue in the shrink wrap, I need to buy me some superglue! :mrgreen: You da man!

Lockylew:Fixed Quote

dont use superglue..it just doesnt work ..get the two-part epoxy resin,it comes in a twin-barrel syringe (one side resin,one side hardener.)
wally world carries it,and it works really well.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:14 pm

Alrighty! :mrgreen:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:37 pm

<<

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:03 pm

DAMN!!!!

nough said.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:38 pm

A vast majority of those locks are probably fakes... :x

Buyer Beware!
http://alca.us/FAKES.html
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Kai wrote:Someone selling their whole collection on ebay. A little too steep for me...

Yeah, me too!!! Holy Shit!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:24 pm

I could either buy a ginormus set of locks, or get a car......hmmm......

CAR!!!!!! :D
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:06 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:

If you are going to spend your hard-earned money, get the Brinks shielded. It has a Sh!t load of serrated pins. I've had mine for ages and still can't pick it!

The disc is not that hard to pick - it has some spools but it's not that difficult. You can jiggle and rake it pretty easily.

Sorry, I overlooked this one! Yeah, that was the lock I was going to buy next, the wiz said it would help my picking along pretty good! Yeah, I raked the brinks disk today, which was two days after I bought it! That deserves a :) and a :(
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:52 am

m0ose wrote:Here's my lock/key collections.

*First are my Wafer/Pin Tumblers.

100_5690.JPG

Top - Bottom
Left - Right

Line 1(Top Right):
Display Case Wafer Lock, Misc Wafer Lock, Double Bitted Cam Lock, Master Combo (Drilled Back Panel)

Line 2:
Brinks Adjustable, Brinks Shrouded, Brinks 40MM, Brinks Mini Disc, Master something, Master 40, Master Rustolem or some crow, Master 77, Master TSA Combo, Warded Master x2.

Line 3:
Big Yale, Green Yale Junior, Misc Yale, Blue Yale Junior, Plain Yale Junior, Misc Yale x 2, Misc Eagle x 2, Chicago Something, some ILCO, and another ILCO.

Line 4(Messy): Old Hurd, Shackleless Reese, Misc Wafer Locks x3, Not sure/Can't Remember, Misc ILCO x 6, Wafer Lock Doorknob, KW1 Doorknob.

*Second are my keys.

100_5695.JPG

The top two lines are keys that stay in my lock drawer. These keys consist of Bump keys, usefull keys, and just keys in general that fit the locks. Though these ones aren't organized, they still have uses.

The bottom two lines are misc keys. I got most of these from my mother, who collected keys for most of her life. The keys on the chain are my misc KW1 keys. These keys have no real use other then to be in my collection, or to be used as bump keys later on if I feel like it.

*Now... The old locks.

100_5700.JPG

The first lock is a door mechanism that uses bit keys. The second lock is an old adjustable shackle bike lock. In the third spot, I have no clue. The piece of metal is a cover of sorts to keep the weather out.

The next in line is an unmarked lock that uses an interesting key. Thought he key doesn't match, it uses a like one from my key collection. Specifically it is the double sided key above the bit key in the key collection picture. After that we have an old Yale, followed by a classic Eagle. Then, last but not least, we have a miniature Master lock.

The lock in your old locks on the second line that you didn't know the brand looks exacitaly the same only larger than my baggage lock which I now found out is a western lock.

here's a pic

baggage lock.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

mrcrazydeals

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Here are a few locks I have yet to pick. The ones together are keyed alike.

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 pm

mrcrazydeals wrote:Here are a few locks I have yet to pick. The ones together are keyed alike.

Cool, brinks is my favorite brand!
Image Keep on Pushin'
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking