FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

yet another ™BEST SPP'd to ctrl SHEAR +my new annex

<<

beingcurious

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 am

Re: yet another ™BEST SPP'd to ctrl SHEAR +my new annex

the lockpickkid wrote:The little hole you are probably looking at is a drain hole, most all padlocks have them to drain the water out of the lock, such as rain that runs down the shackle. Not all padlocks can be repinned or rekeyed , not without cutting them open anyway, the ones that you can rekey, such as you have mentioned whiz taking apart with a screwdriver, are the exception, he takes a hex wrench or a screwdriver and unscrews the retaing screw dropping out the core.

thx that helped a lot.
<<

omegaman

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: yet another ™BEST SPP'd to ctrl SHEAR +my new annex

awol70 wrote:
omegaman wrote:Awol70 nice work man & that de-code annex looks pretty cool so I am guessing you have a punch to get the pin stacks out in the first place & you must also have the little brass discs for the top holes in the core or can the old ones be re used? looking forward to seeing you're keys

catch ya lata have fun..........................

no, the caps and springs must be replaced.
i am using the appropriate sized allen key to punch out the pinstacks at the moment.
my blanks should be here in a week or 3...=/

cool as I mentioned I have several best lock padlocks including the C/W same as the one thats on ebay at the moment & I did do a lot of research on them but could not remember if the caps were re-usable as mentioned looking forward to seeing the de-code annex in action in video form

catch ya lata have fun.............. :D
Previous

Return to Lock Picking