FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need Help with my Winkhaus

What should i do

try and shim when i get some free time
40%
drill the side of the chambers like a cut-a-way and pull the springs out
No votes
try and retro fit into the new euro cylinder
No votes
use my majic powers to fix it
20%
go cry in the corner
40%

Total votes : 10
<<

Windowstweeker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:49 pm

Need Help with my Winkhaus

i will add the videos but basically a driver pin feel into an open side pin hole =(
i have had some ideas from others and some of my own, i will appreicate anyone with a brilliant idea of how to fix it
i will appreciate any and all comments

The problem

Some ideas
practice practice practice
<<

Pederson

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Need Help with my Winkhaus

What I think would be the best is to see if you can get those driver caps off because they do look like they would. They would probly use a hex key but, if they don't come off I would try and drill them out since there is a spring behind it. If that doesn't work I would shim it but that's what I would do/try.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 am

I know nothing of this brand of lock but like pederson said, drill the caps, Best locks you can tip the cap sometimes with a scratch awl or something sharp and work them out, but without the right tools most of the time if you drill them I think you really mess the lock up, that is of course if they don't take a hex wrench or anything like that to get them out. Hope this works out for you without ruining your lock.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

GutterClown

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Rap it open.

One handed, put pressure on the core to push it back inside the cylinder, and slam it against a wooden desk. May work better than your two-handed approach.

To remove the caps, drill a small hole in the center of them, and use an Easy-out screw removal tool.

Then to repair, load the bible and use new caps.

Though I wouldn't recommend it, I suppose if you used a small enough hole, you could re-use the caps.
Hold them in a pair of tweezers, and tap with a hammer on the top. This will make it slightly shorter, and slightly fatter. This will help it bite when hammering it back in.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:57 pm

The easy outs were a very good Idea, I have never thought of that, would this work on best caps also, reason why I ask is because the pins in them are really small thus the chambers are small also, it would have to be a super small bit and easy out.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

GutterClown

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:01 am

I don't see why it won't.

Most times BEST cylinders are pinned internally though aren't they? Why would you need to remove the caps
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:25 pm

that is a good question, I am not sure, on the few best cores that have been messed up I took one apart, I took the caps off but as far as I know That was the only way to get the pins out, but I am not an expert!
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:53 am

You can just extract the springs through the side of the bible, without cutting full "cut-away" trenches into the side.

Drilling a small hole in the side of the bible, under the caps but not too close to the plug (so that you don't get any interference).

With this small hole (much smaller than the pin size), you should be able to tease out the spring and solve your problem.

With the spring ripped out, you can attempt to plug the hole(s) but for functionality purposes it shouldn't be required.
Being housed inside the padlock body, the holes will not be visible.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Great information Gutterclown, that will come in handy!

Return to Lock Picking