FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sandpaper for callouses???

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Sandpaper for callouses???

riff, just a friendly razz from the crew..
(new fish and all)
it's all good.
Cm'on people we all had to start somewhere...
remember when you caught the bug?
think back....
i remember.
play nice.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

GutterClown

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:44 am

I have as much sympathy as I would for a child hurting themselves when playing with a throwing knife.

The nature of repeatedly practicing a manual art is wear and tear on your body.
Learn to pace yourself, or modify your tools to suit you better.

I really shouldn't have to walk you though this.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 am

Well, I am here to help, not put down, we are not that "other" site! :roll:
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:21 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Well, I am here to help, not put down, we are not that "other" site! :roll:

Thank you. I'm just trying to meet ppl. Not just be a lurker.....think about it...how do you get to know ppl??? U ask questions and talk to them. SO what am i gonna ask questions about? Beginer level stuff...Things that I actually know about, "where I am at this point in this hobby". Things that some of you probably think are stupid....and maybe some of my questions are...... Do I take it seriously? of course...that's why I'm here. My point is, my questions although they may seem stupid, are for two reasons.
1. Because I'm a beginer and trying to figure all of this out for myself
2. Because through my questions I'm getting to meet all of you. Which I am very happy to have found this site. I'm looking forward to my time here.

I mean this is an open forum right? Isint it here to ask questions and help eachother? I dont believe that I should be given a hard time just because I'm not as skilled as the majority of you. Haze me all you want if this is what is going on. I dont mind. But I'm not going away. Not unless I'm forced away. I'm enjoying this skill/hobby, and working hard at it. Again, I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys. By the way, I was never looking for sympathy, or even bitching, or complaining. It was just a question........Thanks....Riff
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Riff, No question is a stupid question, and as far as skill levels go, well you are right, the majority of people on here are very very skilled, I have been around for a while and I am still a newbie in alot of ways also and I still ask questions that some people think is stupid. I don't care I am just here because I enjoy the hobby and I love to learn. Stay at this site, don't get mad and leave. Gutterclown seems to raze people a little bit more than normal but the guy is as skilled as they come and what he says is true, he just says what he thinks and every answer is a very educated one and of years of experience, in my opinion I don't think he tries to piss people off, thats not what he does. The other forum on the net is very harsh at times, so much that I do lurk over there because I hunger for information but I don't post much over there because of the attitude by some of the members there. As far as you staying as long as you can before your not allowed back, well you won't ever be banned here as long as you follow the rules! And you do. Keep asking questions, no matter what it's about.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:22 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Riff, No question is a stupid question

"the only foolish question is the one that remains unasked."

( Kwai' Chang Kain )
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:30 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Riff, No question is a stupid question, and as far as skill levels go, well you are right, the majority of people on here are very very skilled, I have been around for a while and I am still a newbie in alot of ways also and I still ask questions that some people think is stupid. I don't care I am just here because I enjoy the hobby and I love to learn. Stay at this site, don't get mad and leave. Gutterclown seems to raze people a little bit more than normal but the guy is as skilled as they come and what he says is true, he just says what he thinks and every answer is a very educated one and of years of experience, in my opinion I don't think he tries to piss people off, thats not what he does. The other forum on the net is very harsh at times, so much that I do lurk over there because I hunger for information but I don't post much over there because of the attitude by some of the members there. As far as you staying as long as you can before your not allowed back, well you won't ever be banned here as long as you follow the rules! And you do. Keep asking questions, no matter what it's about.

Thank you. I'm not pissed at anyone. lol. :mrgreen: Everything is well. I'm not going anywhere. I want to do just the oposite. Get to know the guys around here, learn from them, and maybe even make some friends.I respect gutterclown, and everyone here. I'm a laid back easy going guy. Just trying to figure all of this out. I dont wanna talk about it anymore. If I have a question I'll ask...If I get laughed at, oh well. I'm a big boy. I'm just a perfectionist. Therefore, I ask alot of questions. Especially if Ive searched and cannot find the answer. Thanks!! Riff

By the way, If anyone one wants to learn how to play guitar I can give you a hell of a lesson!!!!
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Riff , you go on ahead , and bend heads !
I would like to know where you are based , as there are many
ways to approach a lock , but bit's easier if you do it with a mate !
Open Sez Me !
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:36 pm

nozza36 wrote:Riff , you go on ahead , and bend heads !
I would like to know where you are based , as there are many
ways to approach a lock , but bit's easier if you do it with a mate !

I live in the U.S. I'm really not put that much pressure to bend a head (of a pick I'm assuming ur talking about). It's just I'm practicing so much. I've got the point that I'm probably holding my pick to tightly and so on. I'm backing way off of my tension. On the wrench and the pick. I assume many noobs start by doing the same bad habits. I have a friend that is a locksmith. He is the person that got me into picking....But he's worthless when it comes to SPP. He rakes his way through life. LOL....I want to be better than that. I'm learning alot from him/halfway working for him. But he cant SPP to save his life....I live in a small town so you guys with your post and videos are really the only help I'm getting sorting all of this out, and believe me....I've been consuming all of the info a brain can handle. I'm getting better all the time. Riff
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Want to get to know us, eh? Oh you poor bastard. Your life will be ruined hanging out with all of us sackdraggers.

Seriously, Riff, you ask all the questions you want and we will help you all we can. We are all here to help each other out. Our little group is a close knit bunch - but we are not snobs or elitists.

We'll help anybody until they start taking advantage.

Like any brotherhood, we like to razz each other and give each other a hard time.

So welcome aboard and don't mind the smart ass remarks from the peanut gallery. Just give as good as you can take.
:twisted:
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:58 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:Want to get to know us, eh? Oh you poor bastard. Your life will be ruined hanging out with all of us sackdraggers.

Seriously, Riff, you ask all the questions you want and we will help you all we can. We are all here to help each other out. Our little group is a close knit bunch - but we are not snobs or elitists.

We'll help anybody until they start taking advantage.

Like any brotherhood, we like to razz each other and give each other a hard time.

So welcome aboard and don't mind the smart ass remarks from the peanut gallery. Just give as good as you can take.
:twisted:

Thanks, I can hold my own but didnt want to offend anyone...bunch of sackdraggers.... Riff
Previous

Return to Lock Picking