FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Best I-core removal

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Best I-core removal

I am experimenting with a camera and since I haven't contributed any photos to this site I thought this would be a good topic. In the event you don't have the peterson tension tools for removing a Best I-Core on a padlock you can drill to the cam and put pressure with a scratch awl or simular device while picking and you can pick the core out. While holding the padlock in your hand position it so that the drain hole is at the bottom and you will drill the left side at the bottom portion in between the s and the t. Please bear with me, I ain't none to savy with a camera and most of the time a computer!! Keep in mind this is a rather savage way of doing this but if you need to read the pins to make a key or for whatever reason this will work, if you do decide to reuse the lock, you may be able to take liquid steel or maybe a tapered pin to plug the hole as long as it is smooth in the inside as to not affect lock operation. And as you can notice I actually screwed up on this lock, I drilled two holes because I wasn't quite centered on the cam, this lock probably should not be patched and reused because of the shotty job that I did!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Best I-core removal

I know this was probably something everybody already knew but it may be of some interest for some newbies.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:36 am

hey,old news for some is front page headlines for others..=)
the cam skillz will come with a lil' practice & advise....
you seem to be hittin' a lot of best locks.
i am betting we have a possible resident expert on the way.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:46 am

I really like the Best locks, it always seems that every one of there locks has its own personality, and some flaws, every one is so different from another, I do manage on a few occasions to pick the plug out but my drill experiment was just for a learning experience. Thanks for your input!
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:13 am

Ive got a best lock, i dont wnt to take it apart tho !! i dont think i will get it back together again :oops:
<<

GutterClown

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am

Good idea.

I sometimes do a similar drill job on an australian padlock, known as a 234, but from J.Larsons, OZ.

The shackle retainer pin is steel and can rust, leaving it jammed in the padlock.
One side has a tapered brass plug that can be removed, but the opposing side needs to be drilled with a small drillbit to push the pin out.

I use an adjustable square, get the hight and width, individually and transfer them to the other side. You could possibly do this with your best cores?
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:10 pm

uklockpicker wrote:Ive got a best lock, i dont wnt to take it apart tho !! i dont think i will get it back together again :oops:

probably a good idea to keep it in one piece ;)
too many parts,and special ($$$$$$) tools needed =/
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 pm

uklockpicker wrote:Ive got a best lock, i dont wnt to take it apart tho !! i dont think i will get it back together again :oops:

Do you have the complete lock, or just the core?
Nemo Malus Felix

Return to Lock Picking