FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Are these Lishi tools

<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:05 am

Are these Lishi tools

One of the other lockpicking sites had a link to this user guide refering to it as Lishi.
The manual its self seems to reference tools from Auto Smart Locksmith Tools.

Is this a guide to Lishi Tools or tools that are just similar put out by Auto Smart Locksmith Tools

2in1guide.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

clearmoon247

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 am

Re: Are these Lishi tools

I would say those look exactly like lishi tools to me
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:11 am

I think they are Lishi as well, just with the new orange thingo on it.

Oh, hi everyone......
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

markd

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:18 am

I Imported one of the Auto Smart tools to try and they are exactly the same as the Lishi but a fraction of the cost. Any instructions for them will also be applicable to the Lishi's.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 am

It's a direct rip-off of Tony Audsley's book for Lishi tools. The information is decent but I really didn't see anything in there that was ground breaking.

There are not many things that I say you absolutely need to stick with the original tools on but Lishis are one that I would. I've played around with a few of the imitations and they are crap. The picking/decoding arm grinds against the main body of the tool killing your feedback and lessening the chances of a successful pick.
<<

KentM

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 am

mdchurchill wrote:There are not many things that I say you absolutely need to stick with the original tools on but Lishis are one that I would. .

Though I have not tried any tool of this kind other than Lishi, but I am very impressed with the results I got with Ford and Chrysler Lishi. I used these tools five times each (bought just a couple of months ago), works near perfect in minimal time. When to go for buying tools, I prefer to buy good quality tools which can prove their worth, no matter if these are expensive than the similar tools available in the market. Good quality work comes from better quality tools.

I fully agree with mdchurchill, I would stick with Lishi, unless some one who have been using auto smart and Lishi tools who can give us comparison that these two different brands are of the same quality, give same quality results in picking and decoding, have same longivity etc. etc.

I would like to invite, if any one of the forum members have used these auto smart two-in-one and also Lishi two-in-one to come up with comparisons to save some money for the other members who are planning to buy these new tools or want to replace the old worn out tools.

Mdchurchill have already tried different brands of such tools and mentioned his verdict.

Kent
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm

I never plan on actually using Lishi type tools but found the book a good introduction to the concept and how to use the tools.

Its good to know that these are refering to knock offs of the orginonal Lishi Tools that while cheaper may not work as well.

Return to Lock Picking