FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A few questions about which to buy....

<<

C0mmanderCha0s

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 pm

A few questions about which to buy....

Peterson tension tools, or Falle Safe Variable Tension tools?

Peterson Plug spinner or HPC Plug spinner or??
<<

keymaker

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: A few questions about which to buy....

Honestly, buy some and make the rest. Every lock has its own specific tension wrench needed. The more you have, the more locks you'll be able to pick. I carry about 8 in my pick case. Two I bought and the rest made from locks and situations needed. I like the Rigid HPC tension wrench tho...never leave home without it.
-J-

When all else fails, use a hammer...a really Big one!

Locksmith Technician
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:16 pm

C0mmanderCha0s wrote:Peterson tension tools, or Falle Safe Variable Tension tools?

patience young padwan,everything you need is on its way...=)
i use the HPC spinner,myself...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 pm

C0mmanderCha0s wrote:Peterson tension tools, or Falle Safe Variable Tension tools?

Myself if I was to buy tension tools I would buy some Peterson's or make my own. As for the plug spinner, I don't like the Peterson and I don't really care for the HPC, it has a hard push on the button, I have a couple of A1 plug spinners and I swear by them. If you do want an HPC plug spinner in almost new condition, shoot me a P.M.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

C0mmanderCha0s

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:02 am

Link to an A1?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:20 am

go to lockpickshop.com and go to there plug spinners, the one I have is what they call the pocket spinner. I forgot that a1 has more than one spinner they try to sell.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Here's a plug spinner you already have in your toolbox: Clamp a medium-tension turning tool in a small pair of vice-grip pliers, with about 4 inches protruding. Hold the cylinder plug firmly with a small-tipped screwdriver and insert the spinner. Twist it as far as you dare in the direction you want the plug to turn. (It's a good idea to begin with the plug about 15 to 20 degrees from relocking). With the spinner under this pressure, quickly release the screwdriver. Naturally, you'll still want to buy a dedicated plug spinner, but this is the way we did it in the day there were no such tools!

BTW: The better you get at picking, the less you'll need the plug spinners. I have about half a dozen, and they're the dustiest tools I own.
Nemo Malus Felix

Return to Lock Picking