FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need tips for Kryptonite Schlage KS42

<<

regis

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Need tips for Kryptonite Schlage KS42

Having problems picking this lock. It requires heavy tension. And I'm using T.O.K. tension. I'm dropping pin stacks left and right. Any tips? P.S. I've managed to pick it only once.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Need tips for Kryptonite Schlage KS42

regis wrote:Having problems picking this lock. It requires heavy tension. And I'm using T.O.K. tension. I'm dropping pin stacks left and right. Any tips? P.S. I've managed to pick it only once.

What kind of pins in the lock - brass, stainless - or both? I have a shrouded Krypto that I still can't pick because of the stainless pins. I can't get the feel for them. :x
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:20 pm

" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

regis

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:15 pm

all brass. I got it again but thats it. Still waiting on my T.O.K.E. wrenches wiz.

Oh yeah i tried picking it backwards...took out the little disc thing. No feel at all. And plug spinner wouldn't work because its such a strong resistance turning to unlock. Don't know if your lock is like that.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:43 pm

regis wrote:all brass. I got it again but thats it. Still waiting on my T.O.K.E. wrenches wiz.

Oh yeah i tried picking it backwards...took out the little disc thing. No feel at all. And plug spinner wouldn't work because its such a strong resistance turning to unlock. Don't know if your lock is like that.

the plug spinner does not open the lock,only spins the plug past the bible so fast it does not re-lock.
a small screwdriver or an extra TW will do the trick.
(btw, TOKE sets are alomst done...just working on the last 20 tools, then adding serrations.)
ready to mail by end of today =)
good luck.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

regis

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:03 am

Yay for T.O.K.E. tools. Can't wait. And the plugspinner is just like hitting a wall. So much resistance. Springed plug. Then again I'm just using a rubber band. Got it picked twice more btw. Need new locks already haha.

P.S. I can now get this lock pretty consistently. Video to come shortly. For now i must rest.

Return to Lock Picking