FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hitch Locks

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Hitch Locks

DSCI1044.JPG
DSCI1043.JPG
DSCI1034.JPG
DSCI1033.JPG
DSCI1032.JPG
DSCI1031.JPG
DSCI1025.JPG
DSCI1022.JPG
DSCI1020.JPG
DSCI1019.JPG
DSCI1016.JPG
DSCI1015.JPG
DSCI1013.JPG
Recently got some hitch locks at an online auctions. Two BlockHead locks at 1 auction and 2 Reese's and 5 Master Lock hitches at a different auction. The 2 BlockHeads cost $11 total. The 2 Reese's and 5 Master Locks totaled $9.43. The auction listed the Masters as not having keys. I think that kept some from bidding. Was okay with me. When I got the Masters, the auctioneer's son had found all the keys for them. Even better. I also have a Master 34 hitch lock I got several years ago at a live auction. When all the mentioned locks came on the market I had plenty of calls from local campgrounds to open many of these locks due to lost keys by owners. Yes, I know of Boz Bill's, LPL's, et al videos of picking these locks. Very easy, though the Master 34 will need a 5/32 Allen wrench to complete the opening. Even though these locks are relatively easy to defeat, not all would-be thieves are bright. I think that some protection is better than none.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Re: Hitch Locks

Fulton FLT1 jma key blanks - not yet back in stock in UK - ILCO 1645

alternative blank is a Ronis RO-7I if up against it only - but must be thinned down OR Altered

anyone sat on the key codes for these - reese ccp fulton bulldog brand - let us know :ugeek:

space and depths on one of the reese keys you have in photos would be nice for the files :razz:

Can the lock barrel - plug be removed ON Reese hitch at all after all keys are lost to rekey

or is it not viable at this point - given no keys a paperweight - interesting to find out !

thanks buddy for post
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 09, 2019 2:47 pm

DSCI1072.JPG
DSCI1071.JPG
Reese and Master use a pinned on. BlockHead is peened on/into body.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Really surprised how many people use this system still given the bad rep -

I see its a single pin holding wafer lock in position - so not impossible to remove plug

its real easy to shim from below & pick - remember bill did a vid awhile back also

but its the key really that interests me - as there still sold worldwide !

So the space and depth information on this reese hitch key - would be good - can cut to code from photo then !

even photo of both keys with ruler between - :smile: great help fyi

the blockheads use a thule key - and common on roof racks bars boxs key codes usually found stamped on lock face

thanks
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 11, 2019 12:57 pm

A few hitch locks used in Europe - ball hitch & detachable towbar with lock on spring loaded mech
as it is standard to sell the new locking cylinder with the locking knob - costing £40.00 and upwards
ive learnt lock can be replaced with a slight alteration on a common thule lock costing a few pounds or $4.00 dollars
as many witter locks left on vehicles just seize up over the years and fail to work require changing - top tip !
note the lock as changed code and appearance from the original locks fitted - given a new life again :D
witter codes TR01 to TR10 - as standard - now 200 variants on key

Return to Lock Picking