FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Electronic Gun Safe

<<

m0ose

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Electronic Gun Safe

I have a cousin who bought a gunsafe without a combo. How would you go about picking/bypassing/opening? I'm really not sure where to even begin. I've got to call him and get the Name/Model, but what would be a good option to start with for opening?

Edit: I'm guessing that from the sounds of it, there is no hard bypass such as a keyway. Not 100% sure. It would be a ton easier if I could scope it out myself.
<<

barbarian

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Re: Electronic Gun Safe

Getting the exact model number is a great place to start.
A picture would be nice.
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:01 pm

barbarian wrote:Getting the exact model number is a great place to start.
A picture would be nice.

Yeah, I plan on trying to get both. The main reason I ask ahead of time is because it will give me some valuable points to start investigating on before having to relay specifics.
<<

GutterClown

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 am

Do a quick google search when you get the brand name.
If nothing decent turns up, it's probably just a cheap chinese import.

Most (excusing cheap imports here) decent home gun safes have a key-override. You'll need to look under any stickers, or moveable plastic covers. They can be hard to see if you don't know what you're looking for, but it should be between the turn-snib and the keypad.

If there's no turn-snib, just a standard hand-crank bolt-throw, you could be looking at something more decent.

Take a photo of the overall safe, a brand name, the entire opening mechanism (handles, keypad, plastic bits) and the keypad up close.

If all else fails, there's nothing better than just ringing your local lockie and asking them.

Return to Lock Picking