FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ready to graduate lock-lab university!!

<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:42 pm

ready to graduate lock-lab university!!

Ordered three American 1205's for my last course! serrated pins

In pre-celebrated victory..I want to go to Medeco vs Multilock ( need flag picks)

so was looking on amazon for ones I can take the pins out and use as a gradual increase, similar to my SouthOrd kit.
There were several with screw out plugs, just need some guidance here in the better options please.
not illiterate, just tough to overcome auto-correct & type on mobile device
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: ready to graduate lock-lab university!!

a Mul-T-lock Mortise :mortise2: should have cap screws so you can take out some of them to make it easy to start ;)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 pm

insatiableOne wrote:Ordered three American 1205's for my last course! serrated pins

In pre-celebrated victory..I want to go to Medeco vs Multilock ( need flag picks)

so was looking on amazon for ones I can take the pins out and use as a gradual increase, similar to my SouthOrd kit.
There were several with screw out plugs, just need some guidance here in the better options please.

Every dimple lock I've picked has been with modified GOSO picks. The only exception has been radially pinned locks (KABA.KESO style) in which I used homemade ambidextrous type flags. You can find the GOSO picks for around $14 online and use a file and sandpaper to shape them (mostly making them thinner.) I think Mul-TLocks are a bit easier than the Medeco's and you should be able to find a Mul-T-Lock Junior online for about $35.

The Medeco cylinders are easy to progressively pin as they have allen head grub screws in every chamber. If you don't have them already you should get a gem or half diamond to make rotating the pins easier.
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Thank You for the above suggestions so far, will be looking in the next day or so.
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Found these two :mortise2:

https://www.amazon.com/Medeco-100100-Bi ... rds=medeco
The bi level is all I could find. as of yet

This one does not show the top, but you stated above the junior has set screws on top?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q21JYV2/re ... g=UTF8&me=
this one from ebay does not either hmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:31 pm

greengrowlocks wrote:Every dimple lock I've picked has been with modified GOSO picks. The only exception has been radially pinned locks (KABA.KESO style) in which I used homemade ambidextrous type flags.

For KESO (3 rows of pins, 2x side 1x top) I use an unmodified, sharp-but-long Sparrows hook. Works like a charm.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:05 pm

insatiableOne wrote:Found these two :mortise2:

The bi level is all I could find. as of yet

This one does not show the top, but you stated above the junior has set screws on top?

I think anarchy meant Medecos have set screws, or at least that is the emoticon lock picture he used :mortise2: . I haven't seem a MultLock with set screws, if you had a plug follower you could disassemble it. I don't think you would need to though, in my experience they give pretty good feedback. It might take a few days or a week or longer but you should eventually get it open. You will know your on the right track with setting pins by the amount of plug rotation. You should fall into a really deep false set when your on the last pin.

I don't have experience with Bilevel Medeco locks, but to my knowledge they don't a sidebar or pins that need to be rotated. http://lockwiki.com/index.php/Medeco_BiLevel You would probably want a Biaxial or M3. I think the Biaxial is probably better because it's easier to snugly fit a TOK tension wrench.
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Thank You greengrow locks!

I am going into new uncharted territory here. Knowing the model differences will be helpful. Didn't want strife right of the bat!
<<

insatiableOne

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Finally received the three 1200 series locks in the mail.

I thought these were supposed to be all / ? mostly serrated pins?
Was more of a challenge than some of rhe 1100"s. This guy felt like it had some deep spools also. Pretty crunchy, pretty cool pick. Two more.

First culprit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Lock Picking