FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

removing SFIC core

<<

militarymedc23

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

removing SFIC core

Hello,
Have a question on the most ideal way for removing a SFIC core. Came across an auction for two 613 finish SFIC deadbolts. Exactly what I was needing. Already have been working with pinning and re-pinning SFIC cylinders but never had the need to deal with any locks without keys. Everything I have dealt with has been new or new without existing cores.
So, that brings me to the point of what is the best way for getting these two cores out of the locks. Have two new 613 finish cores ready to go.
Should have the needed bits for drilling out the core, but want to make sure I'm not heading down the path of more resistance by drilling.

So, if anybody can comment on what the easiest option would be for removing these SFIC cores.

F keyway if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: removing SFIC core

we dont openly discuses destructive entry into locks as this is a hobby picking site.
I would recommend picking them to control or call a locksmith to do it.
also a picture of the locks showing them not in use will get you more responses in the future ;)

also welcome to the forum.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

militarymedc23

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Excellent points, thank you.
I am making a reminder to snap a pic of both locks tomorrow morning.
In the mean time, for the picking route, is there a recommended tool set to look into?
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:07 pm

I use a TOK wrench and a Hook pick. how much experience do you have picking? this is not a easy lock to pick.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

militarymedc23

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:05 am

Hopefully the pic shows up in attachments.

You got me on the experience part as I have very little. Given that, I had figured bumping or drilling were the only other options. I have a bump key for this keyway but never had much luck with that method.

If you think picking would be the best or easier method, where do you recommend getting tools from?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:26 am

The locks pictured are not F keyway. They look like :BESTj: or :BESTk: to me
Xeo has a nice writeup about picking these: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7540&start=15
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

militarymedc23

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:04 am

I'm just on a roll aren't I?
you're right on the keyway, I had meant to say I have F keyway cores, but I hadn't bothered to match up exactly what these were. Will take a look at that article in a bit.

Thanks
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:32 am

it's all good man, We were all new to locksport once ;)

I would not use a bump key on them, Best Core are tip stopped so you can actual drive a bump key in to far and damage the lock making it harder to get out of the housing.
<<

militarymedc23

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:51 am

thanks for the tip. Good thing I never messed around with bumping much on these!

Return to Lock Picking