FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sentry Safe

<<

Josh66

Post Mon May 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Sentry Safe

Initially I told him to contact a locksmith and ask about safe opening. No idea what the going rate for that is, but I have a feeling that if they can't get it open without putting a lot of money into it they'll just cut it open. If the combination could be decoded (and a key made) I suppose they might be interested in keeping it, but my current understanding of the situation is that they don't care about the safe, they just want to find out what is in it.

Any idea what kind of quote they should expect for opening it?
<<

Altashot

Post Mon May 23, 2016 9:11 pm

I normally charge about a $100.00 if brought in the shop.
That is if I can get the comb from Sentry.
On site, I charge about $165.00, again , if I can get the comb from Sentry.

Otherwise, Around $200.00 and $265.00 respectively.
That includes making a key and manipulation.

For the tubular lock, I just pick it and decode my pick to code cut a key.

M.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon May 23, 2016 9:58 pm

Josh66 wrote:Initially I told him to contact a locksmith and ask about safe opening. No idea what the going rate for that is, but I have a feeling that if they can't get it open without putting a lot of money into it they'll just cut it open. If the combination could be decoded (and a key made) I suppose they might be interested in keeping it, but my current understanding of the situation is that they don't care about the safe, they just want to find out what is in it.

Any idea what kind of quote they should expect for opening it?

Well....if owners don't care about keeping the safe then do just what the morons of 'Storage Wars' do when up against a Sentry safe. Get out the ax and pry bars and hammer and beat it into submission. Also, they must weigh value of safe VS charged cost of opening. Get the ax and pry bar out.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

Josh66

Post Thu May 26, 2016 6:56 pm

bitbuster wrote:Also, they must weigh value of safe VS charged cost of opening. Get the ax and pry bar out.

That's basically what I told him - the cost to open it likely exceeds to cost to replace it.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking