FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

™ ILCO SHORT HOOK

did YOU know ilco made lock picks?

yes.
29%
no.
71%

Total votes : 24
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:39 pm

™ ILCO SHORT HOOK

i was not aware that one of,if not THE largest producer of key blanks in North America made picks.
did YOU know ilco made picks?
as for the quality, i only have the one pick,but it is very comfy,and good quality stainless....
EDIT : THE LARGEST distributor of blanks IN THE WORLD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by awol70 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: ™ ILCO SHORT HOOK

I was gonna ask you about this in the video. I had no clue that ilco made picks. Where did you manage to score that?

How would you compare it to other picks you have, eg. klom, goso etc.

Lew
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Lockylew wrote:I was gonna ask you about this in the video. I had no clue that ilco made picks. Where did you manage to score that?

How would you compare it to other picks you have, eg. klom, goso etc.

Lew

this pick has been around,in my buddy's backpack,all around...in and out of pawnshops,(when he would pawn his pack..)
this was 5-6 yrs ago...he has moved out of town, and moved back again..
so anyway,i bump into him the other day...we get talking...lockpicking comes up...
he says yeah...i still have that pick ,over at "blank's" house!
i say well let's walk the 6 blocks over there and get it!
(you see he had given it to me years back ,verbally,but physically i had been waiting ALL these yrs, to get my pick...)
so..we hoof it over to "blank's" apt, search around for a few minutes, and at long last i had pick in hand...
as far as comparing it to klom,goso,HPC,peterson,majestic, it is a tough call,as i only have the one pick,but judging from this one pick, feel and comfort are better than goso or klom,
far more comfy than southord,hpc,majestic...
i would say it comes mildly close to a peterson...

<<

m0ose

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Way back if I remember right, Romstar said that my Foley-Belsaw picks were made by ILCO. That's how I found out. Full of knowledge that man. :/

But yeah, I haven't seen any picks like that specifically, but I did know they made them.

That seems to be quite the nice hook honestly. I like the design of the handle. It seems like it would be a nice hold just by looking at it.

I'll have to look into ILCO picks some more!
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 pm

m0ose wrote:Way back if I remember right, Romstar said that my Foley-Belsaw picks were made by ILCO. That's how I found out. Full of knowledge that man. :/

But yeah, I haven't seen any picks like that specifically, but I did know they made them.

That seems to be quite the nice hook honestly. I like the design of the handle. It seems like it would be a nice hold just by looking at it.

I'll have to look into ILCO picks some more!

well if ya do find a supplier i might buy a set so keep me posted on your search.
thx.

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:00 am

You got Uklockpickers on the case now !!! ive been looking out for knew picksets, (not southord or majestic) thanks for the comparison :P
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:21 am

I think that I have heard of ILCO picks before, I think it was m0ose who mentioned them but I might have heard of them before that too.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:42 pm

uklockpicker wrote:You got Uklockpickers on the case now !!! ive been looking out for knew picksets, (not southord or majestic) thanks for the comparison :P

ahhh, good stuff! thanks.

<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:56 pm

aww man i found a site a looong time ago(like 3 years ago now) and it was selling them... i think i mighta been linked from a yahoo answers post.lol
i will look around for it again

Return to Lock Picking