FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Peterson American Lock bypass???

<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Peterson American Lock bypass???

Is there a trick to these? Received one today been trying on 5 (non wafer) 1100's with no luck at all.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Re: Peterson American Lock bypass???

it only works on NON key retaining padlocks. bill did a great video on how to use it
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

macgng wrote:it only works on NON key retaining padlocks. bill did a great video on how to use it

Right...I made sure they aren't key retaining.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Also make sure there is not a wafer in behind the keyway to prevent this tool from working. Then you'd need the wafer-breaker tool, too.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:47 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Also make sure there is not a wafer in behind the keyway to prevent this tool from working. Then you'd need the wafer-breaker tool, too.

Gordon

Double checked all 5
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:05 pm

press the tool in as far as it will go then give the handle a little twist back and forth (about 5 degrees each way) and you will feel the tool go in a little deeper once that happens then the tool is in place and ready to open the lock.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Anarchy_won wrote:press the tool in as far as it will go then give the handle a little twist back and forth (about 5 degrees each way) and you will feel the tool go in a little deeper once that happens then the tool is in place and ready to open the lock.

Still nothing. I think I'm on a snipe hunt.
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:34 pm

farmall wrote:
Anarchy_won wrote:press the tool in as far as it will go then give the handle a little twist back and forth (about 5 degrees each way) and you will feel the tool go in a little deeper once that happens then the tool is in place and ready to open the lock.

Still nothing. I think I'm on a snipe hunt.

Did you check out the BB vid? He gives a really good run through on how the tool works.
jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 pm

Try this; unlock padlock with key, then unscrew cylinder retaining screw about half or three quarter turn. Then try tool again. This will usually allow the tool to work and you can feel when the tool is engaged.
<<

Lauren

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:47 am

There are some series of padlocks even without the wafer, the tool will not engage. I have bent tools trying to make it work.
<<

Fred B

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:11 am

When First Got Mine It Took quit A Few Times To Get It to work I Found That If You Work The Tool And The Lock Back And Fourth one in each while pressing the tool in it started working found that the snap ring was in the key way and you had to get passed that to get to the bottom of the core by keeping it close to the pins it helped good luck and check out the utube vids
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:22 am

The tool like all tools takes some getting used to. I found that my problem was being scared to break the tool and/or the lock but once I said f**k it, the tool worked. Keep in mind that this tool does slowly destroy the cam just because its steel pushing between 2 brass pieces. So before you unintentionally destroy all of your 5 padlocks, check out bills video.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 am

I bought the tool based on BB's video. I tried the backing the retaining screw and that worked. So I know what I'm feeling for. I'll look and see if the snap ring is holding me back. But surely not all 5 locks have the ring turned the same.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Maybe you've already seen it... but THIS 3 page thread MIGHT help some.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:11 am

I found taking the lock apart first and watching the tool go through the end to get an understanding how it works helped me a lot, also pushing down slightly on the shakle and releasing some of the tension was a big help for me.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
Next

Return to Lock Picking