FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Can Anyone Pick These Locks?

<<

arielschoenberg

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Can Anyone Pick These Locks?

I found this blog post, but I don't see a comment section. It i saying that these locks are not pickable.

Has anyone picked these locks personally? Or have you seen others do it?

Some of them pretty crazy, but I don't know if that means they are necessarily beyond picking (the article say not picked yet), but is that even true.

What do you guys think?

:sfic:
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Re: Can Anyone Pick These Locks?

There's a special pick out there that runs off an 18v battery. It's usually pretty good at taking care of any lock, as long as it has as sharp tip.
jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

Locks+Picks_Happy

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:55 pm

pmaxey83 wrote:There's a special pick out there that runs off an 18v battery. It's usually pretty good at taking care of any lock, as long as it has as sharp tip.

These things are pretty wild. The key ways are hidden, magnetized, curved, or nonexistent. I think what you are talking about is an electronic pick or pick gun. Not sure how those would work on these locks. Never seen one with an attachment that dealt with magnets.

The August doesn't seem like it provides much protection, I can't pick it because there is nothing to pick, but I am not so sure how safe it is (almost certain it is plastic).

Weird stuff. I wouldn't know where to start on that chain key (which I have already seen on Bosnianbill's Locktube). I would love to get a hold of that Shi-He Chi-Me U-lock though (good experiment with making specific tools). I will be searching on ebay for that one.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:08 pm

pmaxey83 wrote:There's a special pick out there that runs off an 18v battery. It's usually pretty good at taking care of any lock, as long as it has as sharp tip.

:D I was thinking the same thing.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Josephus

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:59 pm

First one is easy through isn't picking. The blackbox exploit doesn't work on them anymore, but the outside can still be picked. I dunno nondestructive on the other ones. Don't have any experience with any of them. Wasn't somebody working hard on the MCS?
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:42 pm

They will all be picked, some sooner rather than later. But Josephus is total right.. the August is not a lock. Its a device for turning part of the handle.... stick it on a Kwikset and its no more secure as the base lock is, from the outside.
<<

davesnothere11

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:34 am

The author places way to much value on security through obscurity. If everyone knows how exactly a particular lock is constructed and works, and yet it still can't be picked then it is truly secure. Otherwise it just hasn't been done ... YET.
(18:56:54) HAL 9000 Sez: It isn't so much bait as it is chum

My lock photography: https://flic.kr/s/aHskv3U6Tx
My picking videos:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr_YDBWHU0VpoIjmfocIbuw
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:10 am

Locks+Picks_Happy wrote: I would love to get a hold of that Shi-He Chi-Me U-lock though (good experiment with making specific tools). I will be searching on ebay for that one.

Marduk could probably hook you up. PM him here or hit his youtube page at LockMan28
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:36 am

Hahah its funny how this article is using Lockmans pictures lol. I wonder if they asked him or just took it, probably just took it.

Davesnothere, yea check lockmans ebay store, he has plenty of lucks like this.
<<

GhostWolf

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 am

l0ckcr4ck3r wrote:They will all be picked, some sooner rather than later.

<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:09 pm

GhostWolf wrote:
l0ckcr4ck3r wrote:They will all be picked, some sooner rather than later.

You jerkin our chain here Ghostwolf? If not, thats the best pick I've seen this year ;-)
Last edited by l0ckcr4ck3r on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Mitchell s

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Here is Bosnianbill picking the XPUGMAG on film:

http://youtu.be/-9k4pn0P3cI

I'm a little skeptical on that MCS pick.....
<<

arielschoenberg

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Thank you all for your help guarding this... I'm glad that you guys were able to reply on this matter and it seems like other people were interested in the same thing :akimbo: .
Last edited by arielschoenberg on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

GhostWolf

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:30 pm

It is not me who has realized this. It's Smucky31 from LOCKSPORT.FR.
In the french lockpickers community, he is a great tools inventor, his lockpicking level is serious and recognized.

After a few tests with a big magnet (500kg), he managed to open the cylinder.
He wanted to verify his theory : even a magnet with sectors would be attracted by a high power pole.
In the case of MCS, there are 8 sectors magnets 8 + 1 pin.

Without going into details, he simply moved the magnet on the cylinder to change the angle of attraction, and he hooked each time the pin. He managed to pass the trap pin.
He bring gently the rotor magnets by changing the angle of the magnetic field, and picked each time the lower pin.
We must control the rotation, when we spent the magnetic protection, and the lower pin, for not blocking the top trap pin.
We must deal with the following top trap pin to accompany the rotation.

He managed a complete rotation but there are at least 4 axes of blockages.

During his experiences, he blocked several times his cylinder. To unblock the cylinder, he had to sacrifice a key.

His method is inapplicable to open a door (at the moment), but ultimately, the result is there ... the cylinder is picked.
<<

Deadlock

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:41 am

I can't say I completely understood that explanation, but an incredible feat anyway.

Did the magnet weigh 500kg, or did it have a 500kg pull, as I suspect? A magnetic door lock has around that sort of power.
Next

Return to Lock Picking