FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Home Made Ruko Challenge Lock

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Home Made Ruko Challenge Lock

Wanted to share a recent challenge lock I received from my good buddy the Lock Butcher. Notice the plug, it has that Ruko/ASSA cut/grove in the plug chambers. He did not have interest to share this but I couldn't let this sit in the dark as I think this is a very creative idea. Especially at a time now when its assumed that everything has already been thought of and created. Its also hard to see but this thing gives a super deep false set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

HT4

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Home Made Ruko Challenge Lock

Wow. Those deep grooves in the core look like they could be nasty when they catch the end of a spool. Any idea how he milled them in?
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:04 am

Thanks for the nice write up! On this one, I cut down the length of the plug with a bandsaw and then filed the sides with metal putty so the driver pins wouldn't catch on the gap in the sides of the plug. These are cheap 5 pin cylinders and haven't been too much of a challenge for the folks I've sent them to so I decided to take it up a notch and use 6 pin Sargent and Russwin cylinders which are drill resistent so the plug is not able to be cut with a bandsaw or hack saw very easily so I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel and plunged it into the side of the plug and got the same effect but only on around 4 of the 6 pin chambers. We will see how it goes.... thanks again Papa!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:19 am

That looks incredibly fun. Nice work.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

HT4

Post Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:26 pm

LockButcher wrote:Thanks for the nice write up! On this one, I cut down the length of the plug with a bandsaw and then filed the sides with metal putty so the driver pins wouldn't catch on the gap in the sides of the plug. These are cheap 5 pin cylinders and haven't been too much of a challenge for the folks I've sent them to so I decided to take it up a notch and use 6 pin Sargent and Russwin cylinders which are drill resistent so the plug is not able to be cut with a bandsaw or hack saw very easily so I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel and plunged it into the side of the plug and got the same effect but only on around 4 of the 6 pin chambers. We will see how it goes.... thanks again Papa!

And now I understand your screen name. :cool:
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

Locks+Picks_Happy

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:11 pm

LockButcher wrote:Thanks for the nice write up! On this one, I cut down the length of the plug with a bandsaw and then filed the sides with metal putty so the driver pins wouldn't catch on the gap in the sides of the plug. These are cheap 5 pin cylinders and haven't been too much of a challenge for the folks I've sent them to so I decided to take it up a notch and use 6 pin Sargent and Russwin cylinders which are drill resistent so the plug is not able to be cut with a bandsaw or hack saw very easily so I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel and plunged it into the side of the plug and got the same effect but only on around 4 of the 6 pin chambers. We will see how it goes.... thanks again Papa!

Doses this lock have functioning keys? I am not familiar with "metal putty" but it just sounds intimidating. Very interesting stuff. I would love a video of the picking procedure, because it seems pretty overwhelming to attack.

Return to Lock Picking