FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

England SMP lock

<<

Himik

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:20 am

England SMP lock

Safe openning with self-impressioning "Magic key" tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkRW2YOk_1Y

Thanks.
<<

Deadlock

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Re: England SMP lock

Hi Mick. :smile:

Wow. That's something I've never seen before. Incredible. After watching the vid a couple of times, I did a web search for them and I see they are available to buy. Who needs a Sputnik pick eh? I'm amazed it works really. Who thought that one up?
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:49 pm

I believe this is the work of some guy in Italy? He did it first with the Mottura.

Locks that pick themselves (or rather, tools that make locks pick themselves for you) are the coolest! I first saw self impressioning with the tubular picks but the principle is sound on pretty much every lock out there - if there is something that physically blocks the movement of something else then it HAS to bind...somewhere along the line.

I spoke to someone who sells them and apparently, the hardest thing is getting the pressure evenly spread along the impressioning pins.The basic design is pretty much identical to the original ones though.
<<

Himik

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:07 am

The "Magic key" tools have developed and produce in Latvia, but there are many representatives who sells this tools in Italy, Greece, Spain.......
Tool sold only for locksmiths.That the tool worked as on its video it is necessary to adjust. Before use it is necessary in manual to adjust everyone pin.
Without adjustment the key does not work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4iEAPygnE - adjusting
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:41 am

Latvian tools then, my mistake.

So in that video the tool is being adjusted to suit the spring tension on the levers? So getting each impressioning pin to be stiffer than the lever spring? Otherwise the lock would just push everything down! Getting that pressure on the impressioning pins the same across all of them...how is this done? I have a few ideas I would like to try.
<<

lockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:28 am

The orginal tools are from Lativa , i persolly bought from this seller and never had a problem.

In the last year or so Chinse ripoffs are out but dont waste your money has they brake after 2 mints.

Raf
<<

Deadlock

Post Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:36 pm

There's an aluminium one on alibaba .com. Hmmm... However, Mr Magic Key himself is on that site, as well as ones coming from Georgia (not the American one). Also a magic key from China, as in stage magic. They call it a spirit key. I've read about spirit padlocks. Must be for one of them...

Zieh-fix sell them, as do Multipick. They've got about 38 different types. And the site of magickeytools.com, which first appears in what I presume is Latvian, has a button to translate it to English. Hooray!

Well - never knew about these things until today, so thanks to Himik for posting this.

Return to Lock Picking