FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Popped my second American!

<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Popped my second American!

I opened my second american lock today, then repicked it a few more times to make sure it wasnt luck haha, pictures of the pins below, every single pin in this lock had some form or serrations on it even two serrated spools, at first it was a nightmare then i started to realize the very slight difference in feel and sound from a serration to a set, i used my new prybar and my new slimline shorthook, had to order the slimline hook special because this keyway was slightly narrower than my other american
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Re: Popped my second American!

Awesome! Congrats man!!
jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

Neilau

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:55 pm

Well done !!! :agree:

Starting to understand the language of the lock. :D and connect the feeling in the fingers to the picture in the head.

Keep at it and you will discover that there are many dialects but the core language is the same.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:19 pm

i have been able to open both of them, these 5200 series are a bit tricky cause there is no spring tension on the core, so when trying to set the spools i am pretty much releasing all tension (dropping the tension wrench becomes a big problem haha) and i kinda have to twist the pick a little to work the core backwards to get the spools to set. I was a bit intimidated by the serrated pins at first, but once you get used to them they arent too bad. i couldnt have gotten the second one open without the slimline pick, its weird my standard one fits right up the center of the once american but the second one the keyway is more narrow
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:01 pm

Like it... Like it... Like it! :spinning:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:52 pm

I can now open both of my 5200 series in under a minute, but i am sure that is just because i have learned how to specifically pick them, i gotta say the security pins have made this hobby so much more fun and interesting, i might purchase a couple more americans, they are a fun lock, i have noticed it is alot harder to set the spools in an american vs my master #410 tagout lock, my guess is higher tolerances?

Return to Lock Picking