FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Just recieved my first American lock

<<

twenglish 1

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Re: Just recieved my first American lock

I got it to pop two more times, these times i had it in a vice, first time i was holding it, so i removed the pins and i must say it was not what i was expecting, no serrations what so ever just 3 spools and two standard pins, picture is attached, but now i am wondering why those spools were so tough? tighter tolerances on the american? i ran into spools in a few other locks and picked them with ease. On this american i had to pretty much release all tension and use the bottom of my pick to kinda ease the lock the opposite way as i gently worked the pins into place, it was not easy but i am kinda dissapointed there were no serrations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Good work TW:
My first pick of an American was pure fluke and I have yet to repeat it (A1100). Have to give it another shot soon.

P.S. I bought that particular lock on ebay from locksportsupply it included an A1100 extra pins, springs and a follower for $24.00 or so. Just checked but they don't seem to have any listings at present.

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/locksportsupply
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

twenglish 1

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:08 pm

I also purchased mine on eBay, I paid $7 with free shipping, also forgot to mention that the seller included a second American for free, as if one for $7 wasn't a good enough deal! I havent been able to pick the second one, I will post the gutshot of the second American when I get the chance

EDIT: I added the picture of the pins from the second american lock, the one i am unable to pick, and after looking at the picture it becomes very clear why i haven't been able to do it yet hahaha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:54 pm

There you go! :smile:
Nice looking Pins in that second lock.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:09 pm

I've noticed with the second lock that the keyway is a little bit more narrow, and my short hook won't fit up the center as it did in the one I managed to pick, so I now have a slim short hook on the way also a prybar style tensioner
Previous

Return to Lock Picking