FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ezpicking is gone again

<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: ezpicking is gone again

Wow, this is ridiculous.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:30 am

Sunday morning, October 12th.

You may want to avoid EZPicking at the moment.

It has been hacked and the main page defaced, with the hacker who did it taking credit. I immediately got a popup wanting me to click to upgrade quicktime, which I know is already up to date. I checked my system and had a couple of unfamiliar processes running in the background. I'm scanning that system now.
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:04 am

certainly no questioning that this is a hack.

As i now have no access to the admin panel i cannot put in place a clean backup and seems as ezpicker and bud are the only 2 people with server access it leaves me powerless.

I'm doing all i can to get hold of Bud but he is very busy with work so this could take a while.

as MBI said i would advise you not to visit EZP untill i say otherwise.

and as always i'll keep you updated here as much as i can.

Lew
<<

GutterClown

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:08 pm

The front page is clean, just straight HTML.

Lew, if not you, who does have access to the admin panel?
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:32 pm

GutterClown wrote:The front page is clean, just straight HTML.

Lew, if not you, who does have access to the admin panel?

sorry i should have made it more clear.

i'm a full admin of EZP so of course i have access to the admin panel but not when it's hacked. There is no backdoor into the admin panel so effecitvely i'm locked out.

The only way this can sorted is via FTP and i have no server access whatsoever and as i said bud and ezpicker are the only ones who can sort this.

I've spoken with bud and he can't get in via FTP so it's a matter of getting the hosts tech support to sort it so we could be waiting a few days.

Lew
<<

bozotheclown5224

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 am

Any news on the ezpicking situation? The site still isn't back up and now it's redirecting me... :(
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:51 pm

ezpicking

I don't mean to deflect from this forum because I do like it, but I am so used to the ezpicking site, I am more than willing to come up with some money to help get the site up and running again. Does anybody have any new info?

Lockylew: Moved to Correct Thread
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Well as you all know EZP was hacked recently and Bud put up a quick notice letting everyone know what had happned and asking for help installing the latest version of VB.

That notice is no longer there, it now redirects to godaddy which is where the domain was orriginally purchased from.

I can only assume that ezpicker has not payed the hosting fees.

I havn't been able to get hold of him for quite some time but i'll keep trying and keep you posted.

Lew
<<

bozotheclown5224

Post Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 am

Anything? :(
<<

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Exactly the same story as before i'm afraid.

He's renewed the domain name but it's extremely likey that the datavase has been wiped now because it has been inactive for so long, so if he does get it back up and running there will be nothing there unless he has a DB backup which i think he told me he hasn't.

So we'll still have to wait and see.

Because i have no FTP access to the EZP server i'm useless at this stage.

Lew
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:55 pm

Lockylew wrote:Exactly the same story as before i'm afraid.

He's renewed the domain name but it's extremely likey that the datavase has been wiped now because it has been inactive for so long, so if he does get it back up and running there will be nothing there unless he has a DB backup which i think he told me he hasn't.

So we'll still have to wait and see.

Because i have no FTP access to the EZP server i'm useless at this stage.

Lew

Lew my friend...if you can drink, you are never useless. My advice is to start drinking heavily and get yourself comfortably numb.
<<

BenLejmi

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 am

What was EZP like? Never once visited there since i just got into lock picking!
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:59 am

BenLejmi wrote:What was EZP like? Never once visited there since i just got into lock picking!

EZ Picking was an excellent keypicking forum that a vast majority of us were on in its heyday. It had a large amount of members and great reference materials and articles. Unfortunately, some cheesd#ck, rat f$ck, c%cks&ckers hacked the site repeatedly, until it was no longer usable.

Bastards.

:evil:
<<

BenLejmi

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:40 am

So do you think we're going to get the site back? If we do, the material/information/articles and everything will probably be vanished...? Right? Is there anything I can do to help?
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:16 pm

BenLejmi wrote:So do you think we're going to get the site back? If we do, the material/information/articles and everything will probably be vanished...? Right? Is there anything I can do to help?

Lew is working on this with the former admin at EZ - so let's see what he comes up with in the coming days.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking