So I pried the brass cap off the back, spent ages looking for my repinning shit, and finally got to work. Regular key pins, that's normal. Countermilling in the pin chambers... no? Alright... first driver pin comes out... standard... ok so the rest must be those crazy ASSA spools, and for once in my life I can't wait to see them... but the next one was standard as well! The fuck?
You guessed it. ALL of them were standard pins. No crazy ASSA spools, no countermilling, nothing. Maybe the tiniest bit of milling at the bottom of the drivers, but it's literally microscopic. Yeah, I used a microscope. And what? So I figured, there's no way that could possibly affect picking in any way, right?
Only one way to find out. Fuck progressive pinning for this regular ass shit.
So I put the plug back in and crrimped the clip back on. Maybe I was over thinking things in the past because I "knew" what kind of pins it had and I didn't know how to tackle them, when unbeknownst to me it was full of standard shit. So I figured I'll just pick it like I did with that sargent earlier.
AND THEN GUESS FUCKING WHAT.
Not even 2 minutes later with a short hook, job done.
So let that be a lesson to you all, new and experienced alike. Never assume anything. Forget what you think you know about the lock and just trust your feely fingers. I failed an EASY lock, for hours. HOURS. Because I was treating it like something it wasn't.
I will be doing a video on this as soon as I'm back from the gym, leaving now so I'll be back and have it picked on cam within the next 2 hours. Watch this space...